Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
Karen

M.O.C. #7312
Help me find RV financing- new at this

Help needed! We are wanting to buy a used Montana fifth wheel. We found one we like: 2000 Montana, 34 ft. Does anyone have any advice on where to go to get a low interest loan for the RV? We are in Texas.

Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:10 AM   #2
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
You might try your credit union or a credit union. I would think you're only problem may be the age of the unit. I do know they will finance a new one for 15 or twenty years, so maybe you won't have a problem at all.

Have you thought of getting a home equity loan? They are often low interest and also tax deductible.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I went with the finance company suggested by the RV Dealer then switched over to my credit union after the purchase from the rv dealer. You can get a better rate at the credit union. There is a draw back at the credit union if you can't make a larger payment. My union only finances for 5 years, not the 10-15 most rv loan companies finance.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:25 AM   #4
beancounter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6893
You could try Good Sam RV Financing. They actually use GE Lending and offer very competitive rates. Many lenders do not understand RV financing and shy away from offering RV loans - or at least set the rates high to cover their ignorance. GE has a lending office that specializes in boats and RVs. I used them for our recent purchase and was very pleased with the rate, knowledge, and service they provided.

beancounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:04 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
We used Essex Credit a few years ago - VERY efficient - all done be e-mail, snail mail and phone.

http://www.essexcredit.com

On edit: oh yeah, WELCOME to the MOC !! You came to the right place for answers !!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
We used the GE Finance in CAlifornia as well. Their connected to Good Sam. We had bought a 2000 from a private person and they had adjusters in the area, checked it out and did everything by phone and fax. The interest rate was based on our credit score. It was very good. I threw the papers away after we paid it off. I think they went 12 years.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote