Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2020, 08:12 PM   #21
Ml barber
Established Member

M.O.C. #24308
Didn't mean to post twice. Didn't know if 1st went . 1st time posting.

Ml barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:34 PM   #22
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
The cable pull valves are an inherently poor application. It's like keeping a Ford 6.0 on the road. I know a guy who does but at great cost and effort. There is more than enough to maintain on an rv without having to adhere to an unnecessary maintenance schedule for waste tanks. Just my $.02.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:52 AM   #23
Drdon1057
Established Member

M.O.C. #24426
Cables

Hi, I don't know much on camper cables but, I owned enough motorcycles to tell you that they make cable lubricators, that you can pump grease into cables. they clamp right on to cable and you use a grease gun to fill cable with grease. I didn't ride much in cold temps. but, I used high temp. wheel bearing grease in all mine, worked good for me. Just a thought, my 3000rk has rods and I used 3/8 fuel line and cut it down one side of hose and slid it down rods and I pour small amounts of cooking oil in the top of the hose and work it back and forth to lube valve. I also have the clean out option on black water tank that I run constantly, while dumping tank, then leave it running after I close valve, then I have wife flush toilet while I open valve to do final dump. This has worked good for us so far. Good luck to you and Happy Camping..
Drdon1057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:13 AM   #24
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
To open the stuck valve, I used a slide hammer. Once open, lubricated .
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #25
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
I have owned 3 fifth wheel trailers over 17 years without a blank or grey tank dump valve/cable failure. My 3rd trailer, a 2020 Montana 3780RL, began to have blank tank dump valve opening issues starting 6 months after I purchased her. Fortunately I had the foresight to installed a Camco 3-inch Sewer Gate Valve with cap Built-in Clear Adapter 3-inch Sewer Fittings | Ready to Use Construction (39053) immediately after I purchased her since the black tank dump valve would not close after 17 months. I Just got it replaced at a local RV repair shop this month. What a relief!!
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:33 PM   #26
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
The stock valves are a braided cable inside the sheath. Any moisture will form a sticking point. We were proactive on our last unit and installed the Valterra valves. It is a nasty job. When we bought our new unit, I had them replaced before we ever used the bathroom or drains. At the same time, as long as the coroplast was dropped, we had SeaLevel Gages installed. Both can be done at home to save money (which we did the first time).
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote