Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2021, 08:56 AM   #21
hemiallen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28242
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to infer the attachment had anything to do with your damage, just curious what it is.

After watching, and posting, some pinbox / hitch video's I am surprised at the stress and motion of the pinbox area. Guess I never thought about it, but the video's show what happens behind me while I'm focused on driving.

Allen

Old 04-02-2021, 09:23 AM   #22
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Anderson Hitch Letter

Montana Owners:
I continue to read owners making aggressive comments about Keystone due to the Anderson hitch letter.

The stance and situation on the Anderson hitch is no different for any manufacturer using a Lippert frame. So the situation is the same for Jayco, Forest River, Grand Design, Alliance..........

The difference is that prior to the letter, there may have been communication from Keystone employees that the Anderson hitch was approved. The letter was to "officially" notify all Keystone dealers that the Anderson hitch is not approved by Lippert.

And because statements that may have been made by Keystone employees, in the letter Keystone states "Fifth wheels affected by the use of the Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel connection goose neck adapters installed prior to March 15, 2021, follow the normal process to receive warranty consideration". They will not be excluded from warranty.

Keystone is not excluding their customers that installed the Anderson hitch prior.

This situation reminds me of when "chips" were the popular thing to add to your new truck for additional performance. Truck owners quickly found out that adding a chip might void their engine warranty. Due to the engine was not tested to perform with the changes the chip made.

I wanted to hopefully shed some light on the situation. Keystone is in the same situation as all other brands with the Anderson Ultimate Hitch.

If I'm wrong and you have written approval by another brand for the Ultimate hitch, please share it.

Thank you.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:39 AM   #23
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
I ran across this awhile back searching for the video (which I can no longer find) where the guy shows where his AUH broke his king pin loose from his pin box.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...d/tid/29055614

The reasons appear to be the same in that the entire weight of the pin box is resting on four set screws.

We're full timers that never have a reason to remove our hitch so I've never considered anything but an actual 5th wheel hitch. I went with the Ford/Reese 27.5K

Once connected I never give it a second thought.
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:45 PM   #24
hemiallen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootana View Post
Montana Owners:
I continue to read owners making aggressive comments about Keystone due to the Anderson hitch letter,

Thank you.
Curious what you deem as AGGRESSIVE comments? Posted above?

I will NOT be using my Anderson hitch on my ordered Montana. I will probably buy a Curt A20 puck system hitch for the Montana.

Allen