Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #21
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Joe

It is like anything on the Internet. You have to filter through the information that is not of interest to you in order to get to the information that peaks your interest. Emails, Facebook, Google +, etc. all have various forms of information and you must filter them out. Filters are everywhere. Junk mail is a perfect example. The administrators do a great job of trying to filter our various topics. Some slip through and take more than a few days to be correctly categorized, but for the most part, it is done. If some slip through or do not pass your expected filtering, then we must do our own filtering. The topic subjects allow me to filter what I want to see and what I do not. It only takes a second to hit the "back" button if the subject is not what I expected. We live is a filtering world. Some is done for us and some requires us to take a little action. Not everything in life is going to be as perfect as you expect it to be.
You are a wise man, Captain Joe, nice post

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #22
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
As others have said. Lots of info and interesting topics. Those posts that don't interest me i don't read. Leave forum as it is.
lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #23
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by moutard2

The MOC forum could be great and for the most part it just about meets that level. However ... I for one have just about had enough of the discussions which center around everything but our Montanas, RVing and subjects very closely aligned to those two. I'd like to see the Administrators immediately delete any subject that strays off very narrow guidelines. There's far too much posted on the forum about things totally non-related as to why we're on the site in the first place. Dump them before they get going! Guns, religion, politics, racial inequality, unemployment, indigestion and so on and so forth all have other sites and forums where those discussions are expected and welcomed but here on the MOC forum, they're not welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Let's get back to the purpose of the forum as described in the MOC mission statement which is "To Provide Montana RV enthusiasts a calm and inviting atmosphere to exchange valuable information, and enhance their general RV-ing experience."

Let's make this the last post which doesn't reflect the mission statement!

Kind of talking out of both sides of your mouth aren't you??? All this from the person that posted this "Oh man ... BBQ'd salmon ... I'm on my way!" in the thread, "Salmon for Supper". Hmmmmmm.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #24
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Any heartfelt comment I made would cause the admin folks to delete. Soooooo, I'll just say " somebody must need a hug and have a nice day".
mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #25
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
Thanks to all of you for your input. I've learned some valuable information about what others think about the forum and it's purpose and I respect their opinions.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #26
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
I guess I'm one that from time to time post gun related articles. There are many many MOC'ers that carry concealed, and there are many that don't.
I'm a firearms instructor and If I see a topic that is informative and might help those that carry, I post a link to it.
I post it in the Sitting Around The Campfire because that is where this kind of info can be discussed as long as it doesn't get carried away and off topic and it isn't a political thing.
just my 2 cents worth
Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #27
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I have been to A lot of other RV Forums and this one by far is the friendliest and best Laid out forums out there ,some of the other forums (I will not mention) people get down right NASTY too each other, Every once in a while a topic gets out of hand but the Moderator keeps a handle on it( I have slipped a couple of times) But overall Well Done MOC and I have learned a lot and met a lot of nice Folks
Old 10-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #28
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:

Thanks to all of you for your input. I've learned some valuable information about what others think about the forum and it's purpose and I respect their opinions.
My post above wasn't an attempt to degrade you in any way, I was just pointing out that you were guilty of straying from the "Montana subject matter" also. I wasn't trying to make you mad in any way. That said, I have been on Forums since before the internet is what it is today and while I don't always agree with the moderators, they do a pretty good job of keeping this place going smooth. I am a huge advocate of guns and Concealed Carry, though I don't participate in many gun forums anymore for personal reasons. That is one thing that impresses me about this place. Most RV Forums have so many bleeding heart anti gun folks on it that it just warms my heart when a good gun discussion shows up here. As a mater of fact, the first one I read shocked the heck out of me when the mods. didn't shut it down. Believe me, it wouldn't have gotten 2 posts on most RV Forums before it was shut down and deleted. That's what I enjoy most around here. We are free to discuss almost anything, within reason, with out too much censorship .
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #29
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lawrenceb42106

As others have said. Lots of info and interesting topics. Those posts that don't interest me i don't read. Leave forum as it is.
Agree. I'm on another forum that even has a "Politics" thread. To me that's one of the "don't read" threads...unless I want my BP to go up.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #30
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I have seem VERY FEW threads about Guns, Politics, Religion,Abortion etc. on this forum( I think the Last Gun thread got Ugly and was shut down during the Sandy Hook tragedy ) are you sure it was this Forum Alwims???? those are volatile subjects to a lot of folks,best to leave those subjects off this Forum IMO... And NO I am not a bleeding heart anti gun guy as you call them, All the OTHER subjects are all good stuff to talk about
Old 10-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #31
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:

Hey thanks for saying that! You didn't have to, but it was a really nice thing to do.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #32
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
For my point of view this forum has saved me lots of money and frustration. The money is one thing however the frustration is what drives the BP up. The advice I get here is priceless. I do so hope it stays the same. I truly be beleave the moderators are doing a great job. Just saying.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #33
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Talking about other things than Montana campers is how people become friends. I work in the firearms industry and would get sick of only talking about guns. I have more interests than guns and campers. I like knowing what is going on peoples lives, customers and MOC members. Let's talk about more things not less.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #34
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mlh

Talking about other things than Montana campers is how people become friends. I work in the firearms industry and would get sick of only talking about guns. I have more interests than guns and campers. I like knowing what is going on peoples lives, customers and MOC members. Let's talk about more things not less.
Lynwood
x2, I really like to research things, and this forum is good for the RV mechanically and the life style, but the life style part covers, well lives and it is very interesting to see how the members of this family deal with the things life throws at us. And yes, sometime we post in anger or frustration but that's part of life, we mend our fences and move on. Leave this forum alone, MOC MOD's are doing a good job and yes, they have slapped my hand too.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #35
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

There isn’t anything said that I can add to.
I like a variety of topics to choose from.
If something doesn’t suit my interest I just skip it and move on.
We have made life time friends through this forum,
And the moderators do a great job keeping it in line.
For the most part I like the checks that are in place.
I feel sheltered here with the way things are controlled.
With the way other forums are where there is back biting and such
I’m very glad it’s controlled here and not allowed.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:28 AM   #36
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I don’t even understand what moutard2 is talking about.

This is one of the better forums I have used.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #37
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We love the forum! Making friendands then finding common bonds with them other than our Montana RVs is always special to us.

Wayne and Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #38
ljensen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8384
The Admin. does a great job. This is a wonderful forum. Great members that have good knowledge. If you are not interested in a topic, SKIP IT. Enough Said.
ljensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #39
h2ojocky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13025
The moderators do an excellent job here at MOC. I was glad to see that the OP was understanding of how the majority of posters felt. I enjoy reading this forum and feel like I know many of the members, and I have not met one yet, but look forward to meeting as many as I can.
h2ojocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #40
leemedic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13354
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Alwims

Quote:

The MOC forum could be great and for the most part it just about meets that level. However ... I for one have just about had enough of the discussions which center around everything but our Montanas, RVing and subjects very closely aligned to those two. I'd like to see the Administrators immediately delete any subject that strays off very narrow guidelines. There's far too much posted on the forum about things totally non-related as to why we're on the site in the first place. Dump them before they get going! Guns, religion, politics, racial inequality, unemployment, indigestion and so on and so forth all have other sites and forums where those discussions are expected and welcomed but here on the MOC forum, they're not welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Let's get back to the purpose of the forum as described in the MOC mission statement which is "To Provide Montana RV enthusiasts a calm and inviting atmosphere to exchange valuable information, and enhance their general RV-ing experience."

Let's make this the last post which doesn't reflect the mission statement!

Kind of talking out of both sides of your mouth aren't you??? All this from the person that posted this "Oh man ... BBQ'd salmon ... I'm on my way!" in the thread, "Salmon for Supper". Hmmmmmm.
OUCH!

Then there is your post about shingles moutard . "My better half and I had the shingles vaccine. It's not cheap! It cost us each almost $300 each!"

That subject would only count if you got your shots in Montana. Right?
leemedic is offline   Reply With Quote