Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #21
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
I'm new to Keystone so don't know any of these people. I really thought Keystone was under Thor. Guess I must be wrong.
Before this Montana I had 3 Sunnybrook 5th wheels. My first a 1995 then a 1999. Both were as good as you could get for the money. Then I bought a 2004. All I will say is the 2004 was not the same quality. That was the beginning of the end. Sunnybrook is now under Winnebago.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #22
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Thor owns 100% of Keystone, and the Montana product line is owned and by Keystone. Keystone is the largest RV company owned by Thor. Their recent quarterly results indicates Keystone and Thor are both doing well, Morningstar reports the the stock and earnings are "thriving", and a recent press release shows Thor is expanding with the purchase of a large manufacturing facility that has 35 RV paint booths south of Elk Hart.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #23
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
IMHO, if 5er buyers remain as vigilant, educated, and keen of eye as I find them to be, it will take a long time for Infinity to rise to the challenge. They are more expensive than Montana already and are definitely not even close in value per dollar, quality materials and features, and fit and finish. Credit where credit is due, basement is very large and Lane furniture is nice. But the Big Sky I've ordered has all new theatre seating in leather. Infinity will have to really make some long strides to even begin to compete. Again IMHO. Good luck to Aram and others! Competition will bring innovation and maybe even quality.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #24
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I agree Larry, Infinity's are nice but to Equal Montana's bang for buck and customer Loyalty are gonna be hard for them to overcome but like you said Competition is a good thing and you also have New guys Grand Designs that are growing FAST too
Old 05-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #25
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
Grand Designs look very nice. So nice I just traded my Montana in on one. I was impressed with the quality and the stories of customer support. The owners actually participate in the forum. Grand Design factory customer service answers questions on the forum. I wont miss the Thor/Keystone/ Montana customer service because there was none for me. Horrible dealers in my area didn't help either. I know there are quite a few fiercely loyal Montana owners who wouldn't be caught dead in SOB but you have to look around. I cant say the Montana has been a bad trailer. Its held up pretty well. Its graphics have mostly fallen off and its embarrassing ugly to be seen in due to that which is a shame. With all that said I have learned a lot from this forum. Very nice people. Never was a big poster but when I was looking for info on RV products this was one of the first stops. For that I thank all of you.
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #26
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
You have to do whatever makes you happy. A crappy dealer will even sour a person on a Rolls Royce. We really enjoy our Montana but certainly not fiercely loyal to the brand and if ever in the market for a new rig we will shop them all. The really high point for us and the Montana is this forum. Tons of info and really nice people. Good luck on your new rig. Enjoy, Jim
Old 05-08-2014, 07:15 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are also not at all brand loyal. We purchase what meets our all over needs and Montana has done that twice. We have only dealt with one other Montana dealer other than our selling dealer and one Keystone dealer. We had excellent service from all of them. We have also had excellent service from the service center.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote