Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Busy Busy

Since I retired back on the first of November, I have been busier than ever!! Worked all winter cleaning and moving out 25 years worth of "treasure". Don't know how many trips I have made to Goodwill or to the local landfill. Especially this last month. We have put this stick-built up for sale here on the south side of Elkhart on the golf course. Then, we take off for Florida for 10 days and today, find a bigger place on the north side of Elkhart. It has a 31'X 42' barn that if the old Challenger isn't more 12 1/2" high, will fit in this barn. And, the place is about 7 years old.

Anybody want to buy a decent house in Bent Oak Golf Community?

MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We're in the same boat. Just sold my workshop next door and had to move all the stuff out of there this week and now we're showing the house and trying to get the stuff out of here. We've already had one auction, one garage sale and given stuff to folks all over the country and we still have an incredible amount of stuff. Now that there's some water back in the lake and the weather's warm we may have a chance to sell this place and truly call the Monty home. I fully sympathize with you. If you haven't done it, you have no idea the work involved. Retiring, for the first 6 months, can be worse than working. Should be great when we get to the end however.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
southern thunder
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12211
After I retired I wondered how did I ever have time to work!
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
A garage sale is our next move, I think. Every year in mid June, they have a garage sale here for all us residents of the golf course. Think I'll start staging stuff in the garage now that the weather is nice. Gail's Murano may just have to set outside in the driveway for a while.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:26 AM   #5
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
The first yr after retirement seems to be busy for all of us. For one thing, because we have worked our whole life we don't know how to slow down. And you just keep going. But after about a yr or so, you find that there is no hurry for anything, and put off today what you can do tomorrow LOL. Now I am to start yr 3 already and my life has slowed down to what seems like a crawl in comparison to when I first retired. Also learned that if you slow down you appreciate the things you do a lot more, and you seem to take more to detail. Just my take on the retirement, the selling of the house and getting rid of the worldly possessions we have accumulated all our life. We are now 2 full yrs behind us full timing and don't see that coming to an end anytime soon. Good luck all.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
That's really our problem. We took two months off this winter and tried the lifestyle. Found out how life could slow down. Came back here, stuff started selling (get your stuff out now), daughter needed help (flu decimated crew at the store) and it turned into worse than before we retired. Hope we get the house sold now and can go back to what discovered we loved, life at a slower pace and no deadlines to meet.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:29 AM   #7
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Yesterday, I had nothing to do and only got half of it done. Whew, I need a break.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote