Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
Update on our steps

So soory it took so long but I wanted to update everyone on the resolution of our steps. Some might remember we had problem with our dealer following repairs to back cap of our fiver. They changed out our steps for no apparent reason. We've been told by several dealers that often rigs are pirated when in for repairs and parts are needed for a rig going out.

The dealer replaced our good steps with ones that were from 18 to 20 inches from the ground. We argued to get correct ones sent to us to no avail. I wrote Good Sam Action Line. About two weeks later got a call from the new service manager.

He sent new steps to where we were in AZ. They were same steps as they incorrectly put on. So he had another set sent. These were 4 steps, not three as the originals. However, with some modification Leonard was able to install them.

We are very satisfied with new steps and the response from the new service manager. This could have been so much simpler had the dealer done the right thing up front. And it would have been a lot cheaper for them. We now have two sets of steps for sale at a consignment store in Benson, AZ.

Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Congratulations on bringing your step issues to a satifactory conclusion...agree, when businesses learn to do the right thing first, they prosper in the end.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
That's incredible (but not unbelievable)!!
It would be a very bad day indeed for a dealer or repair facility if I found out they had done that to my rig.
I'm glad you got this resolved but feel bad that you had to go through the hassle. I hope it's smooth RVing for you from now on.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Phyllen

We've been told by several dealers that often rigs are pirated when in for repairs and parts are needed for a rig going out.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Phyllen,
So glad you finally got this resolved! I know you had a terrible experience but thankfully it has finally worked out OK. Good luck, Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I could see them cannibalizing a new, unsold rig, but doing so to a rig they do not own smacks of theft, to me, unless they have the owner's permission. Definitely not an acceptable business practice in my opinion.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
Hi From Minnesota....I noticed you said you had some repairs done to the back cap of the Monty. Mine has some slight dmage from the previous owner. he backed into something or other. What did you have done and can the corner be repaired or do i have to buy large expensive pieces. My damage is minor but I know it is there so it bothers me but if its too expensive I can live with it.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Hi there shovelhead from Minnesota.. I don't know where you live in Minnesota but when we lived there we had some damage to our back panel and we took it to our dealer Quality RV in Elk River. They did a beautiful job of fixing it. Ours was in the area of the tail light. I would think that most dealers would have someone that is good with fiberglass repairs.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:37 AM   #8
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
In our case, the whole back cap had to be replaced including the cabinets inside. We had separated the back from the side about one foot causing the fiberglass to shread all the way across the back.
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congrats on resolution. Way to hang in there and insist on rectification.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:47 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
SHOVELHEAD

Small repairs can be made by boat repair people if ONLY fiberglass, if they can fix boat, they can fix RV's.

Been there done that.

Offered as information and option.

Good luck and enjoy your new toy.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote