Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Closet Door

The plastic guide at the bottom of the sliding closet door looks like it has broken off is there anyway to replace it and where would you get one. Or might of popped out of the track but how do you get it back in.
Thanks
Don

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I can't help with getting new parts but I can comment about getting it back on track. If it pops off track you can probably get it back on track.

To put it back on track lift upwards on the door at one side and if there is a roller wheel on the bottom use a screwdriver or similar to raise the tab the wheel is attached to, and this should raise the wheel so you can clear the lower guide. When the wheel is in the correct position, release the tab so the wheel drops back into place. Then do the same for the other side of the door.

If your doors use nylon slides, then raising the whole door so that the slides can be repositioned correctly into the lower guides.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
It is the bottom guide that is out of the track not the top that part I know how to get in.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Oops, my sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding... that is the wrong technique.

At each corner of the bottom of the doors is a metal bracket that a white plastic/nylon runner sits against. I expect this is the guide you are referring to. From this metal bracket the bottom of the nylon runner has a hooked tab that hooks into the floor track and keeps it within the track. I had a problem on another rig where the tab became loose from the floor track because the floor track widened somehow so that the tab came out.

In order to get the tab back into the lower slide, I removed the metal bracket from the door (held on by a single screw) and then placed the bracket on the lower floor runner with the hook at a 90 degree angle into the runner. Then I pivoted the bracket rehooking the tab into the runner. Then refastened the metal part of the bracket back on the door. The trick is the pivot movement to reengage the tab into the runner. This also assume the hooked tab has not broken off.

There is a good chance that the plastic hooked tab has broken off like you stated. Maybe you can compare this to the other guides on the other corners of the other doors to confirm this. To locate new guides try RV surplus stores, RV suppliers or RV dealers. You might even try removing a "good" guide and take it to the hardware store to find a suitable placement.

Here is a link to a sample supplier of all sorts of hardware. Because of their extensive product list, you might be able to find a comparable replacement if you cannot find it at a local supplier:

http://www.doorandwindowparts.com/pr...ucts_id/229156

I hope I am describing what you might have in your rig. Otherwise I hope someone can describe their configuration if it's closer to what you have.

Good luck on your quest.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Thanks Art I moved the top of the lower guide away the door edge and that was enough to push it back in the lower rail.