Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
New RV supply store in town

We have a new RV supply store in town. State Trailer and Outdoor Supply just opened in Idaho Falls, and I'm impressed so far. I was speaking with one of the folks there, about tires, and asked if they did de-winterizing. He and the Service manager agreed, if I decide to have them do my tires,they'll de-winterize Monty for free, check the brakes and bearings, and go through all the appliances so we're ready to go. Now that's service. They have a bunch of goodies as well.

Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
A new RV store is always fun to shop. I've found items there that weren't in the big stores and I never knew existed. Of course I had to have them.
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Gramps, we are kicking ourselves for not stopping by that new store Friday or Saturday when we were in Idaho Falls picking up our Monty. We heard a commercial for it on television but decided to head on back to Dillon instead of dragging our rig through traffic to find a store we'd never been to before. Boy, that won't happen again!
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Is this the same State Trailer Supply that is in SLC? If so it is a great place.
BTW: Have you tried the surplus place outside of Twin?
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
bigmurf, I believe it is the same as the one in Salt Lake. Haven't checked the place in Twin,yet. About the only time I get over that way is if I'm shipping equipment to our office there or on vacation.

Carolyn, you and Wayne really missed an opertunity, this place is only about 4 blocks fom Bishes. If you still have to bring your rig back for the other repairs, you should check it out.

HughM, you are so correct. Imagine, picnic table cloth on a roll, just cut it to length.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Gramps, we will be returning to Bish's to have a window replaced and to have the tracks/rails replaced on the couch drawer. We didn't plan to return anytime soon, but we unfortunately have to make the trip again.

Next time we will visit that new store.

Carolyn
Old 04-18-2009, 03:16 AM   #7
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
Looks like you guys will have better weather to make the trip in. I had to carry some equipment to Butte Thursday, and passing through Dillon, looks like the valley is fairly clear with most of the snow further up the mountains. Good Luck
Old 04-18-2009, 04:48 AM   #8
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Gramps, if you were on I-15, you went by Clark Canyon Reservoir. If you'd have looked across the water to the west shore, you'd have seen my house sitting in the middle of the wildlife management area there--green metal roof, our Montana parked off to the side. Next time you're out this way, please stop. You no doubt have more places to suggest for RV accessory shopping; we'd love to visit with you.

Wayne & Carolyn
Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Bigmurf, can you tell were the surplus store is in Twin? I live here and may not know about it. Thanks in advance.

Paul
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by paulrem

Bigmurf, can you tell were the surplus store is in Twin? I live here and may not know about it. Thanks in advance.

Paul
Paul: I got my Falls mixed up. Should be Idaho not Twin. Sorry
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
bigmurf, that is okay. I sometimes do the same thing. Althought I was getting my hopes up. We do have a Bish's in Twin Falls now, but am still taking my Monty back to Camping World in Merdian, as the service manager is a good friend and very helpful. I will be there on Monday and pick up the 5er and bring it home, then the fun begins, cleaning and reloading from storage. Then look out, let summer time roll.

Paul
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:00 AM   #12
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wayne and Carolyn Mathews

Gramps, if you were on I-15, you went by Clark Canyon Reservoir. If you'd have looked across the water to the west shore, you'd have seen my house sitting in the middle of the wildlife management area there--green metal roof, our Montana parked off to the side. Next time you're out this way, please stop. You no doubt have more places to suggest for RV accessory shopping; we'd love to visit with you.

Wayne & Carolyn
Carolyn and Wayne,
That is one heck of a back yard. Been that way many times and have seen the house, but always looked at the water level. It's been really low the past few years.
We're actually going to Missoula on the 4th for work, and will be taking Monty rather than staying in the hotel. If we have time, maybe we'll give you a wave. It would be neat to meet another member.