Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Practicing Longtiming

We are in training for longtiming. My son and his family moved back home from North Carolina. They are staying in our house with their 2 kids and we are parked out in the backyard in the Monty. It has been over a week now and we are very comfortable. We offered them to stay with us while they get re-established here (they were only away for a year). They came back home to be close to their families due to the illness of their son. Our little 3 yr old grandson, Will, is receiving treatment for Leukemia, and we felt they needed as normal a family life as possible. So we go back and forth from the Monty to the house and they are free to do the same. We all get to have our own privacy this way and Al and I can escape to our little world for peace and quiet.

Al keeps saying he is liking it, and hopes they don't move too soon. We know it has only been a week, and it is different than going away for 3-6 months. But, I do think it is very comfortable here in our backyard in our little house.

They will probably be closing on their house in early July, but at least they won't be too far away. I guess then we will have to move back into the house.

TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Nita

You just make sure that Al doesn`t wear out that nice new hard wood flooring he put in the Montana(lol)

John
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
John,
It was nice meeting you at the rally! I don't think there is too much danger of that happening as he is sitting in the recliner watching tv.
Nita
Old 06-16-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Nita,
We just got back Thursday from our maiden voyage in the Big Sky and it is now in our back yard for a short while. I find myself sitting in it quite often. Glad we have a house to come back to but looking forward to the next trip.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:33 AM   #5
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Salle,

We have been out here since we returned from the rally. Still loving it!! I know what you mean when you say that you like to go out and just sit in it. We do that sometimes.

Now Al doesn't want to move back in the house. I have to work every day. So I get ready in the Monty and then go in the back door of the big house and kiss the grandkids goodbye before leaving for work. Good to see my daughter-in-law is now doing all the housework in the big house and we only have to clean the Monty (big difference).

Glad you are enjoying your new Big Sky. It is a beauty!!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 04:40 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Just thought I'd add that we spend quite a bit of time sitting in ours, too.

Congratulations on the new coach!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:36 AM   #7
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Nita,

There is nothing unusual about enjoying sitting in your Monty.

We are fulltimers and love sitting in it every day!

I would be real worried if you didn't enjoy it.

We love our Montana and have no desire to live in a stick house with the expense and responsibilities....
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:42 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheCoachPotatoes

We are in training for longtiming. My son and his family moved back home from North Carolina. They are staying in our house with their 2 kids and we are parked out in the backyard in the Monty. It has been over a week now and we are very comfortable. We offered them to stay with us while they get re-established here (they were only away for a year). They came back home to be close to their families due to the illness of their son. Our little 3 yr old grandson, Will, is receiving treatment for Leukemia, and we felt they needed as normal a family life as possible. So we go back and forth from the Monty to the house and they are free to do the same. We all get to have our own privacy this way and Al and I can escape to our little world for peace and quiet.

Al keeps saying he is liking it, and hopes they don't move too soon. We know it has only been a week, and it is different than going away for 3-6 months. But, I do think it is very comfortable here in our backyard in our little house.

They will probably be closing on their house in early July, but at least they won't be too far away. I guess then we will have to move back into the house.
Just one word....WHY?????
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #9
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
Prayers for your Grandsons improverment.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #10
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We are in the process of packing up things in our condo--the movers come on Tuesday to take most of it to a nearby storage facility--and then we start full-timing for the next two years. Jo-Anna was commenting tonight that, now that everything is lying around in boxes here in the condo, she is anxious to move out of the condo and get settled into our Big Sky--we want to get onto the next phase of our lives.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
John and Nita: The best practice for Longtiming is to join us in Texas for the winter.
Good seeing you guys again at the NE
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #12
Potvin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2193
Send a message via MSN to Potvin
Nita and Al

Glad to hear you are enjoying living in the Monty. I am sure it is comfortable.

I would really like the idea of no house work. That sounds great.

Nice to see you and Al at the rally.Take care of your grandchildren.

take care
Lois & Stewart
Potvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:21 AM   #13
CamprNick
Established Member

M.O.C. #7377
Would love to fulltime now, but to no avail we have to wait. I know that all goo thing take time. I love our home, but love to travel and see new things and meet new folks. We are thinking that we have about 10 years yet to work and he knows that that isn't what I want to her, but I know that he is probably right, unless we find something that we can do out of the Monty that will pay the bill and health ins. Any thoughts?
CamprNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #14
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
You sound like me--someone who would like to generate some income while traveling. My strength is writing (and now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll make grammar error after grammar error), and I've done textbook editing at home via the internet, so that may be one answer for me. However, I'd prefer to do some free-lance writing, so I'm exploring that possibility, too. In my real life, I'm a high school English teacher--my last year, I hope. But, I'm also a medical transcriptionist, and it's possible to do something like that IF you have a reliable and fast internet connection wherever you go. The other thing my husband and I really want to do is work in a national park during the park's "season." That's one of the best ways to meet people and have fun while getting to live in your Montana in some beautiful scenery. We live less than 2 hours from Yellowstone--pretty tempting. However, I've seen parks in every state that would be great places to stay and work; the choices are limited only by your personal preferences. On the other hand, if I win the lottery, it will be travel, travel, travel only!
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote