Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2006, 03:34 AM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Haircuts

Where do you find your stylist that cuts your hair? I have short hair that needs to be cut every five weeks. I hate changing stylist and once I find one that does a good job I stick with them.

If I am traveling with hubby on business, or when we start traveling for fun I will need to find someone to cut my hair while we are on the road. What are you tips on finding someone?

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:18 AM   #2
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Colleen,

I have, on occasion, had my stylist call a "sister store" in the area that I will be at to find me a good recomendation for someone to go to. They usually know the right questions to ask and can get much better results that you or I can. If you have a good relationship with your stylist, she or he won't let you down. Good Luck!

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:37 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
This is a problem when we're traveling. I finally gave up and started cutting my own hair after one haircut I got was so bad that the stylist herself advised me to tell my friends that I'd gotten my haircut in California. I guess that was her excuse for doing such a lousy job!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
After fretting over this issue a lot during our first year of full-timing, I finally gave up and decided to view it as yet another "adventure" of the lifestyle! That being said ... I make sure I always have an appointment with my regular stylist in Topeka when we're going to be in the area.

p.s. Helen reminded me of something ... I also have an extensive ball cap collection!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
That is one of two things that I don't like about full-timing. The second is not being able to sit in a bath tub and soak. Like Bill says, wash it, moose it and put a cap on. Works for me.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:28 AM   #6
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
There must be some locals working at the campsite----owners, office, convenience store......if you see someone with a good cut ask them where they got it............? I might try cutting my own in a pinch, it always grows back. Really, around this area I don't think anyone would be offended, be it the clerk at Penney's or wherever, but that's maybe not the case other places. Years ago my mother, daughter and I were in NYC just sightseeing and Mom was a little too chatty (riding in the elevators) and even a good morning, it's a nice day, isn't it? was not acknowledged.......
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
I have used Great Clips or Super Cuts for several years. It is a crap shoot sometimes but the only difference between a good or bad haircut is a couple of weeks. If you know what you want and can explain it to them simply, they usually do a good job.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:38 AM   #8
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
As others have pointed out, getting a haircut is an adventure when you are on the road. We usually ask around first and have had very few really bad ones and like Vicki I have plenty of hats.
Charlie
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:26 AM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
First I have a Perm and that helps. Hats also help but the best thing is I take my hair cutter with me. Ed is a Barber! No you can't borrow him. LOL
Happy trails.............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:35 PM   #10
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Crap shoot it really is. Wigs the color of your hair (or not) are great too - buy a good one - have your stylist fix it - and when you get to that once in a while "crap" style, I mean shoot - the wig is there - and I also have an extensive collection of hats - so much fun...bottom line - we're all in the same boat (took awhile for me to figure that out after fretting over a "crap" shoot hair cut that I got in AZ last Winter - maybe she was really from California, do ya think? Naw - there are good and bad everywhere we go.. Maybe as Rv'ers we need to educate hair stylists along the way of our issue, for those following behind, then pass the word of who to see when we are in that particular area....
if we could get a pattern worked out - it would be less of a stress, maybe....sigh!

Chaser
Evy Orlob
(ps Mike got a "crap shoot" hair cut from the same gal, so I think this appies to the guys in some respects as well.)
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #11
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
$20.00 clippers at WalMart, buzz cut in 5 min. same every time.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #12
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Here's my solution to the problematic hair stylist shopping:

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:01 AM   #13
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Let it grow for 2 years, have it cut off (10 inches minimum), donate to Locks of Love. I can cut my own bangs, which I do about every three weeks. Win/Win = I save a LOT of $$ on cuts, some kids benefit from my donations.

If you see Al with a bad cut, that is also my fault , as I have cut his for years.

Carol

On Edit: No, we are not fulltimers, but would use the same methods if and when we get our chance at it.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:26 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
My Barber travels with me.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #15
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
When we started full timing I gave up coloring my hair. Just too much chance of the dreaded bad hair month. So now I just look way too young to have all this gray hair!! I have short hair which I am keeping short by going to Walmart, Great Clips or wherever I can get a cheap cut. Its rough sometimes, but the hair grows back. Like Vicki, I have several great ball caps and hats!
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #16
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Gyro,

I hope you didn't pay that stylist any money It looks like they kept that mower going in circles to long

Rich,

Since you hae a cap on in your pictures did your barber do a good job? I hope you tip that barber really well, you might end up with a cut ear if you don't.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #17
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
My barber travels with me also . Has a license. Cuts my hair,and adds the color to make me new. Will have to hang a sign, "CLIP-COLOR & PERMS ON SITE.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #18
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Driftwood Gal,

The mower guy is about as lazy as I am.

Tied the mower off on a follicle, and took a nap!

That's what I ended up with.

I think the guy used to work at a country club, tending the greens.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #19
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Dennis, works for me, I also have to get a haircut periodically, but being bald, I first have to figure out which one to get cut out of the five I own.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:20 PM   #20
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Gyro,

Thanks for the laugh today has been a bad day at work.....I think most days now are bad days at work....I would rather be camping in the Monty, love your post thanks.

Carol,

I used to sit on my hair years ago and then had to cut my hair because of medical reasons. I would have to go into a coma to let mine grow now as I can't stand it in my face. If we go to full or part timing I might be growing it out.....well maybe not if I can find someone to not butcher it. If not I might become real fond of hats and let it grow under the hat.