Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2005, 05:17 PM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Why do people do this?

On another forum http://www.rvtravel.com/rvforum/index.php there are people running down Keystone and Montana. In the 5th wheel topic. I have been defending Montana and Keystone. But they are still doing it. I think it is bad to do that about any brand. They probably don't know that much about Montana, or going on what someone else says.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Dusty Keep the faith and please keep defending the Montana. When your'e number one you know who is the best.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
They do it because they are what we call trolls. They are unhappy with a brand for many different reasons, some as ridiculous as a brother in law they are jealous with just bought one.

For whatever reasons, trolls will trash something they have no experience with and they will fabricate stories that support their lies. These people are more to be pitied than scorned and the way to treat them is to ignore them. Don't feed them and they will go away. I am very active on another website and we have almost eliminated trolls by not responding to them. Take care, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:46 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We need to do that here as well. I've seen a couple of posts here that are exact copies from other forums that are known for bashing only. I was on a web site for cleaning shower doors once that not only had "people" ( I hesitate to call them people) bashing Procter and Gamble but using the F word constantly - about shower door cleaning!!! Usually the more you defend, the more fuel you are giving them because they are only doing it to get someones goat. We know we are number 1 - that's what is important.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I was always told that if you stay away from negative people, you will have a better chance of not ending up like them. Some people engage in such activities, not because they believe they are right, but because they get attention. You can never convince someone like that of the facts. They don't care about that, anyway. I call them "Chest Pounders" (Remember Tarzan? Best friend was a monkey... didn't know what Jane was for... and no way could survive in a civilized world). I have found that my life is a lot happier and prosperous by not being in the same arena as these types.

Keystone/Montana is number one. They are going to be a bigger target. Anyone have the current figure as to how many lawsuits PER DAY that Walmart handles right now?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #6
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Dustytuu,

I went to that forum link you had posted and read the Montana nay-sayers posts. You should have asked that "Dave-n-Debbie" poster that said "having been in the RV business for 46 years I would not recommend.....blah blah blah"; What kind of RV's did you sell? I'll bet they weren't Montanas.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:27 PM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Dusty, I just went to the forum you indicated. I believe the guy just has his own personal opinion. I don't think he's being too abrasive. But I will tell you he really does not have any experience with Montanas. He is saying that (in his opinion) your best bet for fulltiming is to go out and invest/spend ~$200K+ for a "Full Time" 5ver, with options - and a $100K+ MDT/HDT rig to pull it.

Now... let's talk value (since we are all not going to win the lottery this week). Cheryl and I have been looking for two years, and not just at 5vers. Montana has the best value, by far, than any other line of campers we have seen. Think about this... you could buy FIVE Montanas for the price of one of these budget busters. Come on... Even a brain-dead person would be able to figure out that Montana fifth wheels are not THAT bad.

*On Edit~ ...or that one of these behemoths is THAT good...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:36 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I just love to read those other forums for the pure comic value. My opinion is the Montana did not become the #1 selling fifth wheel for 5 years running now by having poor rv's. I am not saying they are perfect, but they are pretty darn close.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:51 PM   #9
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I stopped there and gave them my opinion as well.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:27 PM   #10
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
The leader in any field just naturally draws detractors. Comes with the territory. There is an old baseball adage that says nobody brushes back a .200 hitter.
Just let it go and continue to post the useful information we all are here for.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:27 AM   #11
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
I went to the link and read the posts. I have seen the same thing on the Good Sam forum and the Escapees forum as well. I have to agree with the other posts, these people have no idea about the Montana or Keystone. I read the other forums for the comic value like Montana Sky. Every once in a while I get aggravated but Karen calms me down by reminding me that opinions are like @##^)%!#, everyone has them. We bought our Montana based on the research we did and the exellent customer service of our dealer. We can't change those who don't want to change.

gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:28 AM   #12
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
that's why they call them opinions! that's all they are ...opinions. as long as people aren't disrespecting me personally, well then they can bad mouth my camper all they want...it's not going to change my OPINION. I've always respected differances in opinions...that's what makes this world unique. it's just like discussing religion...ask 10 people and get 10 differant responces.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:02 AM   #13
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Hey, we don't want those people buying a Montana anyway (Sorry, Keystone!) Just think about what they'd do to our forum!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:33 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Those post were mostly talking about full timing in a RV and although folks do full time in a Montana or comparable brands we know they are not really designed for year round camping as evidenced by all the Modifications that MOC full timers or winter users do to keep the units from freezing. Lets not get into the " we don't want to hear any bad news" mode . It is evident by the tone of the post that the posters. know little about the Montana as what they say can be said about any brand. It is doubtful that anyone with a IQ of 70 or better would take the post seriously. As billyRay says..these are opinions and folks are entitled to their opinions. What might be just as bad is a bunch of folks who can not take or will not allow negative opinions about their "brand" You deal with bashing by offering the truth so lets go over there and present some truth.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:36 AM   #15
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
I have seen this kind of behavior also on other message boards and that is why i like our forum
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:54 AM   #16
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
Dustytuu;

Sometimes it can be disappointing when others don't care for a particular product we've purchased, but hey, they're entitled to their opinion. I visited the site and didn't notice anyone being particularly abrasive about their opinions (at least on that subject).

Is Montana the best full time 5th wheel? Probably not. Even Keystone says they are not designed for full-timing. That said, a lot of folks do full time in them and do just fine.

IMNSHO the Montana is certainly among the top few brands in "bang for the buck". If someone else doesn't feel that way, that's OK, I can live with it.

As the famous Roman philosopher Hippopotamus once said;
"Illigitimus non carborundum"
wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:55 AM   #17
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Phyllis and I spent almost 18 months looking for a fifth wheel that would meet our requirements. We settled on the Montana as being the best value, highest quality, biggest "bang for the buck" unit out there. We have absolutley no regrets about our purchase, and plan to have many years of fun and fulfilling living in it. Yes, Montana owners have made some mods to their units, many of them, if you look at them are for increased creature comforts, better utilization of space, for the owners own personal rquirements, etc. And, let's face it, if us guys couldn't mess around with stuff, we'd be bored outta our gourds!!! If you have everything exactly perfect, what do you have left? nothing to do but sit in the rocker and rock yourself to death.
I'll keep my Monty, Thank you very much!!!!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:41 AM   #18
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We also did a year of research before we bought our Montana. Have not been disappointed. We love our unit. This Montana is the 3rd 5th wheel we have owned. We like this one best!
I agree that those people do not really know anything about Montana.
I agree too that we don't want them on our forum. If they can't play right.
Thanks for going to that web site and putting in your opinions.
Dusty & Don
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:47 AM   #19
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Thats just like human nature, some people are just never happy. I fail to read distrctive comments, I find them boring at times, and all they seem to do is bring out the bad side of a person into the view of others, sturing the pot.
Sorry thats my oppion.

TT2
Old 12-29-2005, 10:18 AM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I like to hear all sides of any issue..good, bad, whatever. I read and listen to everything.I do not shut something out because I do not agree with it..I can draw my own conclusions. We are aware of all the positives and negatives of the Montana and have weighed both sides of the issue.When we get our Montana we will know exactly what we are buying..no surprises. A negative post on this or any other forum will not change that.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote