Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Our baby is missing

As i type we are down in Virgina beach at the Holiday travel-R Park.This will be our last camping trip of the season.were down for my wifes sons wedding.Its suppose to be a time of joy.Well our joy has turned to desperation.We traveled down with Luke(black lab)and Sonny(orange tabby cat)Luke sits up front in the truck with my wife and I.Sonny has the whole back seat to himself.Hes so good in the truck.Loves riding,which is very unusually for a cat.I should mention is not in a carrier.he just lays back and enjoys the ride and mostly sleeps.Arrived at the camp ground on Tuesday about 2 pm.it was georgous out about upper sixties with the sun shining.Had the drivers side windown down about half way.Both my wife and I went in to register.came back out got in the truck and went to our site.Unhooked and went to put Sonny in the Montana--NO SONNY.He must have jumped out the window when we were in registering.right away jumped back in the truck,went to the registration desk.calling Sonny and looking around.No luck.Went inside and let the people know what happened.they took Sonnys information and would tell their staff to keep a look out.No collar or tag on Sonny(stupid)Its friday morning and still Sonny is missing.The camp ground is huge put very few campers here as yet.I have combed and asked every one in the park to keep their eyes open for Sonny.We will be down here until next Tuesday so i`am not giving up hope as of yet.Hes a inside cat and its breaken our hearts to think. hes not their all alone.The thought of having to drive back to Philadelphia without sonny is heart breaken to us.We will go to an animal shelter today,but other then what we are doing so far i`m just beside myself.

Thanks all for listening.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:12 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
John and Family,
Our hearts go out to you. I panic anytime I don't know where my little guys are. They are getting so old that they are going deaf and blind and can't get around like they used to. All of this just makes us worry more!

Cats are great survivors. Even "inside" cats. Of course we hope you find him soon.

Best of luck and please let us know what happens.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:17 AM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Harleyrider, Let's hope that Sonny shows up . There is a very good chance he will. If you leave the area before he is found there is still a good chance the campground owner can get in touch with you if Sonny shows up. There are many true stories of indoor cats that have escaped and were found months later unharmed. Best of luck with this as my wife and I have two indoor cats and they are part of the family. I am looking forward to reading a good news post from you telling us that Sonny is back home. Take care and God Bless.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:46 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
So sorry to hear about Sonny. I too have heard encouraging stories of cats who have survived for extended periods and been returned to their owners. We wish the best for Sonny and hope he returns home soon. We've traveled over 16,000 miles with Greta and know how much those faithful, furry friends mean to us.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:48 AM   #5
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
harleyrider, My heart goes out to you. One of my cats got loose once and it took 4 adults two hours to finally catch her. She was too scared to come to me, as she's also an inside cat and didn't know what to do outdoors. I'll be praying that Sonny shows up safe and sound soon.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:41 AM   #6
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Many years ago when we had a trailer we traveled with Mittens the cat. We were fixing to leave the campground and Mittens was gone. We hunted all over and no Mittens. After giving up we started to leave and far away in our rear view mirrow I could see a cat making a mad dash to the camper. Stopped and sure enough it was Mittens.

I think what happen was she got locked in one of the facilities and got out when the campsite re-opened them that morning. Cats are very curious and sometimes get locked into places.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:16 AM   #7
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
harleyrider, we sure hope that you find Sonny and all is well with him.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:33 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I hope Sonny turns up soon. It is so hard when you feel helpless concerning something you love so much. We will pray he comes home. Let us know.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:48 AM   #9
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
My condolences.
Welcome to VA BCH. We lived there for 22 years. Nots to do there. We will be back in Dec. Although we will probably park on one of the 7 military RV Parks, we will look for you if you are still there.
RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:04 AM   #10
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
My heart goes out to you. I've never lost a pet but I know it would be one of the worst feelings. Our hopes and prayers for Sonny's return!
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:29 AM   #11
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
I have never owned a cat but my heart is sad because yours is missing,I know I would be frantic if my Kookie was missing. Tonight my prayer is that Sonny will find his way safely back to you.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:15 PM   #12
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Harley,

Let us all know what happens, that's terrible news! Even though we are more dog people I know exactly how you feel when one of your "babys" are gone. I just feel terrible for you!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #13
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I wanted to thank every one for your kind words and concerns.That means a lot to me and my wife.Its 3 am SATURDAY can`t sleep.Have a wedding to go to in 6 hours.i`ll get off of here and take another walk around to search for Sonny.i put an ad in "petfinders",left food out and the clothes i was wearing when we came down.people have told me they usually don`t stray to far from where they were lost.So i`ll go back to that spot and softly call out his name.have called animal shelters and local vets.So far nothing.

Its really odd but i know our dog knows Sonny is missing also.he keeps looking around for him in the Montana.Thinking back when we were in the office getting our site Luke our dog started to bark which is very unusual.I guess in hine site he was letting us know that a problem was accuring.If only i would have went out to see why Luke was barking-DARN.

Thanks again for your concerns and support

John & Stephanie
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #14
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
What a shame, sorry about yor pets missing. sure hope I never have to deal with that.
TT2