Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2005, 03:48 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The rain stopped

Modern technology is fantastic!! As I write, I am listening to KHCB-FM radio over the internet(if anyone cares to listen, it is khcb.org). It is the station I broadcast on at 10:00 AM on Wednesdays. It is like a little piece of home.

The rains finally broke. Sunshine is good. It helps us orient. We have been out exploring. Wow, what a city. Roads or so narrow and twisty in spots that Montanas and TVs would not be able to negotiate. Fuel is priced about the same as in the U.S. except that the amount is a quart rather than a gallon. It is probably a good thing I couldn't put pontoons on the Monty.

The people here continue to overwhelm us with gracious kindness. We have enjoyed some of he finest cuisine we have ever been privileged to experienced. They seem so grateful that we have come to Hong Kong. Strangely enough, there are four staff members of the church from Texas. I am from Houston and the other three are from the Dallas area. All of us are amazed to find ourselves in Hong Kong.

We have identified the site of our permanent apartment. We will be able to occupy it in about six weeks. It has excellent storage and ample living space. We will be on the sixth floor of a building on the side of a mountain with a fantastic view of the city. The young people in it are relocating to Shanghi, a fine young Christian couple that we are sad about losing from the church.

Our morning routine is a walk down a very steep hill to Starbucks for coffee and then trek back up the hill to our apartment. All I will say is that the trip is getting a bit easier.

Well, right now I don't have much to say about Montanas, but want to stay in touch. I generally read a few posts every day.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:43 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Stiles n Dianna, thanks for the update, keep them comming.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:52 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
What an exciting experience. We are enjoying reading your reports! Please keep em coming!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:27 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We are so happy that things seem to be working out so well for you. I am also glad that you are able to stay in touch with us.
Happy trails......................and walks to Starbucks!
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #5
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Thanks for the update, Stiles! Enjoy the view when you settle into your apartment but don't drink TOO much coffee at Starbucks!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Thanks for the update. It's great to read about a new place through the eyes of someone seeing it for the first time. Hope that you both are keeping your own personal journals as you go through the days. We did that in the UK and now 10 years later it is a real treat to go back and read them. Even a few lines a day will bring back so many memories. Looking forward to the next installment.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 06:30 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Stiles, it is so good to know that you will be able to keep in touch, even from Hong Kong. I'm glad to hear that things are working out for you and things are going so smoothly. Moving to a foreign country can be very frustrating. But what a nice touch of home, a Starbucks, and all of you speaking with the same Texas drawl.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote