Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
oldgeezor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12003
Bedroom Slideout Creep - Pump schematic

I have a problem with my bedroom slideout doing a slow creep out. The RV is presently in storage with the battery disconnected, so I am assumming that there may be a problem with the hydraulics. I am looking for a schematic that shows how the hydraulics are connected to the pump for each slideout. I am not sure which valve is for what slide and if I have to look for a leak where would I go.

oldgeezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
There is a good chance there may be air in the line. On my 3400 the bedroom slide is the first to go out and the last to come back in. I had a problem with a slide creep a friend that works for Lippert in the hydraulics area told me to run the slides in and out a few times. Any air will be pushed up to the bedroom slide hydraulic line and then from there the air would flow to the hydraulic tank and the air would disperse. It did work for me. This is just a suggestion to try and see if this might resolve your issue.

On edit:
I turned off one of the knobs and ran the slides to see which was which and marked them as I went. There is no schematic. As DQDick said in the next post, I assumed the level of fluid in the tank was checked and ok. In your photo, if the slides are all in, the fluid level may be a bit low. Always verify the amount of fluid in the tank with all of the slides in and if you have Level Up (it appears you do not) the legs up also.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Great advice, but before you do that make sure your reservoir is full to about an inch from the top on the standard set up when the slides are in. I haven't seen what a new rig with level-up looks like, but on my add on level-up the fluid level is about 2/3 of the way full on the much larger reservoir. I marked it with a magic marker when they installed it and I asked if that was as full as it should be.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Several instances of this issue have ended up being bad piston seals in one of the slide cylinders ... it's not necessarily going to be the cylinder on the slide you're having issues with as you're dealing with a closed hydraulic system. It could be a seeping ftg ... a seeping hose, the pump ... you just have to track it down. There are some procedures on Lipperts website as far as isolating the problem.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
oldgeezor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12003
Thank-you for the advice..my fluid level is about 1" from the top when I have all the slides are in and jacks up. I believe that is the standard. I do not have a level-up system to worry about.When it warms up a bit I will go out again and check for any leaks. Where my unit is stored they will not allow the slides to be put out or taken in because of the proximity of other rigs. (even though there is room). I may have to wait and bring it home to work on..cheers
oldgeezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
warren0620
Established Member

M.O.C. #12547
We were having issues with our leveling system making creaking noises. Then when traveling our bedroom glide started coming out. They replaced a solenoid and it did NOT correct this. Now they have determined the ram rods in the living room glide and bedroom glide are bad. We have a 2013 3402RL. Presently we are in Apache Junction, Az waiting for the parts to arrive at RV Traders and get this corrected...hopefully.
We purchased this unit in May. Have had way too many problems for this to be a happy purchase!!! Now I am wondering about my Marathon tires.
warren0620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #7
Johnnyg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9710
Owners Manual : Web PDF File

Maybe this link can help
Johnnyg is offline   Reply With Quote