Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Mayberry
Established Member

M.O.C. #10223
TV

Our tv is not coming up from behind the fireplace. We took the top off and the electrical is working. Fuses seem to be ok as well.
The remote lift lites up but nothing, not even a whisper of a reaction.
This is a 2011 model.

HELP? Any ideas?

Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Once in awhile the wires can get caught in the lifting system. Make sure you check all wires very good. Mine came from the factory with the HDMI cable smashed. But I would think if your power cord got smashed it should have blown a fuse.

Kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I found they used a bread tie to tie our TV wires together. I pointed it out when we had the rig at the service center and they secured them properly. If I hadn't found it, some of the wires would have been caught in the lift mechanism at some point.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
Sierra 117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9481
We had the same problem with ours. Got the lift drawings from Lippert and and managed to get the TV out. Found that the power wire had been chewed through by the action of the lift moving up and down. Repaired the wire, cleaned up the wiring mess with cable ties, made sure the fuse was OK, lubricated the mechanism and all is well.
Sierra 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sierra 117

... Got the lift drawings from Lippert and and managed to get the TV out.....
Are those "lift drawings" in electronic format (suitable for sharing) by chance??? Even if they are paper documents they can be scanned into an electronic form. They would make a wonderful addition to the collection of Montana information stored here.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
In my case, the fire place is under / in front of the Tv. I removed the fireplace and everything can be seen, wires and lifting mechanism. It was all very easy and straight forward, I ran the tv up and down with the remote to make sure what I did worked properly and it did.

Kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
I may be wrong but I thought I read that if the temp in the unit was under 40 degrees the tv would not raise.
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote