Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Fresh Water line

The old on board pump decided not to pump anymore. Completly quite. Install new pump. Was getting water mixed with air. Thought tank was empty. Fresh water added. Pump would not pump anything. Did a test using the anti freeze line. Pump worked just fine. Something is blocking the fresh water line. Is there a back flow valve at the tank? Because of the real cold wx we have had here in Az. I thought maybe the line had frozen and burst therefore the pump was just sucking air. Opened up the belly and found the line intact. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Dick

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Try oprning your valve to fresh water tank slowly also try with faucet open and closed has worked for me.
Sounds like your new pump is pumping if it pumps using the Antifreeze line
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Dick, does your unit have the fresh water fill switch in the convenience center? The reason I ask is that Bob filled our tank using that but forgot to put the switch back in normal position and the pump wouldn't draw water until the switch was turned. Just a thought.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Dick, The street water inlet has a small check valve in it that stops water from flowing back out when the pump is on. There's a small "O"ring in there that can either get dislodged or get some debris caught in it. If it's not seating,it will allow air in the system. You might check that. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That o-ring also can be pushed out of place by freezing. Releasing the pressure on that valve if often overlooked when winterizing. If the pressure is not released then water remains in the valve and ice pushes the o-ring out of place. Been there. Twice. Took me that long to figure out what I did wrong. In my case (this was on a prior Montana) using the pump pumped water out the intake rather than through the faucets.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Problem solved!!!! It took till this afternoon for the blockage to go away. Must have been ice in the fresh water line. Anyway everything is ok now.

Dick
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good to hear, Dick! Maybe you just need to head out to warmer weather again!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
FLtravelers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11152
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bob n pam

Dick, does your unit have the fresh water fill switch in the convenience center? The reason I ask is that Bob filled our tank using that but forgot to put the switch back in normal position and the pump wouldn't draw water until the switch was turned. Just a thought.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that does this.
FLtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote