Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Finally ended the procrastinating

After reading several tales of concern regarding the brackets, hangers and bolts associated with the Mor-Ryde system, I finally got energetic today. In another post, I mentioned that the youngest daughter had suffered abdominal pains that were putting the Thanksgiving trip plans in peril. I am happy to report that Ashley is fine (we still don't know what caused the pains but they have subsided). After learning this, I made the short jaunt to the mini-storage to bring the Monty to the house where it will sit for the next week getting prepared and stocked for the trip south. I had a list of several pre-trip things that I wanted to check and tend to. One of those things was to check the plastic under-slide hangers that support the wiring. More cracks were found, but I still chose to use a temporary fix using plastic ties through drilled holes to reinforce the hangers. I will be doing the MOC endorsed door hinge fix in the future. The other item was to completely check the underside of the rig. With the use of a mechanics creeper I checked everything that was visible and feel blessed that I found none of the problems reported on the forum to be affecting the suspension system of the rig. The spare tire hanger is even in remarkably good condition as are the Chinese replacement tires that Tireco provided after the Mission Tire tread separation debacle. All tires have been made ready with 80 psi of West Virginia air injected with the use of the Harbor Freight DC air compressor. While I was under the rig, I took the opportunity to use dry-lube on all the slide-out mechanisms. The hard stuff is over, now all we have to do is ready the rig with provisions for the week in Florida that we are so eagerly looking forward to. We are looking forward to the Pensacola mini-Moc gathering as we always enjoy meeting MOCers face-to-face in addition to trading posts on the forum. Blessings to all!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
I'm jealous...my day spend draining HW tank, boxing fluids for in-house storage and running the pink stuff through all the pipes. Bit late this year but had wanted to do one last trip just never aligned to good weekend weather report. Now the long wait...
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Glad to hear that all is well with Ashley, and look forward to meeting you both in the not too distant furture.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
Same hear glad that Ashley is doing well, glad your getting ready for the trip wish Iris and i could make it over there it would be nice, well have fun, enjoy and be safe
mcgiver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

While I was under the rig, I took the opportunity to use dry-lube on all the slide-out mechanisms. Bingo
They way I do this is to lay under one side the slide with the spray lub, and have the D/W start running the slides in. I spray as they come in...at the half way point I move to the other side of the slide and tell her to start it moving again, and I spray again.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Glad Ashley is feeling ok. Have a safe trip. You're making us jealous.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Glad that everything is ok on the Monty!
Also glad to hear that Ashley is ok. It must be growing pains.
Have a safe and enjoyable trip; I’m almost jealous & envious of such a trip!