Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #1
mrcllusb

M.O.C. #8887
2 New members on 18 Oct 08 from Upstate NY

Hello everyone.My wife and I would like to say hello.We are looking at purchasing our first 5ver,a Montana 3400RL.At first we looked at the Dutchmen Denali,but my wife stated she would like to stay in the camper at different times year around while i'm deployed,so upon my further research,i feel that the Montana is a more suited 5'ver for year around usage than the Denali.Also the central location panel for water hookup,drains and bypass is a plus which simplifies everything for her in the event that i'm not there.

mrcllusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
A HUGE mrcclusb to the MOC Family.

And a HUGER . We here at the MOC cannot convey to you our gratitude for keeping America FREE.

Being you are stationed at Fort Drum I take it for granted your are part of the famous 10th Mountain Division. I was stationed at Drum when it was called Camp Drum back in the 60s. I also lived, until recently, up at Black Lake (Hammond). I know the kind of winters you will be in for and I am sure that the Montana will handle them well.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Welcome to the forum and most of all welcome to MOC. You just missed our fall MOC National rally in Goshen. Many of us just returned from northern IN. Hopefully you can join us for a regional or the national in the future so we can meet you face to face. Enjoy the forum. Lots of great information here!!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
Welcome to The Forum. You'll find so much great information here! We just purchased our 3400RL in July and absolutely love it! We're planning to go fulltime as soon as our house sells...just went on the market about 2 weeks ago. We really feel the 3400 has enough room and storage to be comfortable for full time living. So I'm sure you'll enjoy yours!!
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
welcome, thank you and god bless you!!!!!!! my son WAS in the Army 82nd Airborne. now in college
also, Glenn and Lorraine i know Hammond pretty well. we fish Black Lake every summer it's Awesome
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:30 PM   #6
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
First and foremost - THANK YOU for your service to our country.

Welcome to MOC. The Montana is one of the best 5ers and the 3400RL is a very popular model. Ft. Drum in the winter will be a true test of the Artic Pack. I'm sure it will pass with flying colors - provided you follow the winterization checklist. We have members in Montana and Alaska that live in there 5er full time(Full Timers). I'm sure they will be along shortly and you can speak with them directly.

I grew up in Rochester, NY so I am familiar with the area (50 yrs ago). I spent a month at Ft. Drum for exercise "Empire Glacier" in the middle of January in the early 1980's, knee high snow and cold.

Anyway, welcome to MOC, learn at lot, meet new friends and HAVE FUN!
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by swanny

welcome, thank you and god bless you!!!!!!! my son WAS in the Army 82nd Airborne. now in college
also, Glenn and Lorraine i know Hammond pretty well. we fish Black Lake every summer it's Awesome
We used to own Sunnyside of Black Lake.
I sent you a PM.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:10 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Welcome to the MOC'ing forum.
A 3400Rl will do you and your family well.
My dad was born in Tupper Lake, NY and I used to be familiar with the area from vacation days as a teen.

Thank you for your service and defending our freedom. Stay safe.

Semper Fi!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote