Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
landing gear/stabilizer control panel

Just found out my external LG/Stab switches do not work The LG/Stab operates fine using the remote. Any ideas?????????????
Mike

pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:19 AM   #2
ONERUNNING
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10448
Mike, haven't had any problems with the LG/Stab switches in the external panel. However, on mine I found out that the slide room switches, where you can turn them off, so they won't open, does not work with the remote. I had three slids turn off, leaving the kitchen on, hit the remote, and all rooms came out. But if I go inside and use the wall switch, only the kitchen came out.
Sorry, I can't help with the LG/Stab. Just wanted to share my info with you. However, I sure someone will be along shortly with some helpful info. That's the great thing about the forum.
Joe
ONERUNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
I'm thinking that the remote overrides the manual switches. If you have your remote on and active it may be the cause. If your remote is off and you still cannot operate the Stab/LG I would suspect a faulty switch.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Found the manual switches grnd not working requiring a new reciever panel plus my thermostat went out so no air conditioning. Am currently having a nightmare in St Louis finding someone to assist. Midwest RV flat out lied to me and did not order the parts yesterday like they told me they would. The main guy was out today so must wait until Friday to find out why. Talked to Keystone customer support and got nothing. Anyone else finding support difficult on the road. My unit is under warranty but counts little.
Mike Klickovich
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
we are having the same problem--DH disconnected a wire and put it back on when neither the manual and remote
would work (thanks for the help from the guys at NE Rally)--all was working and now only the remote will open the slides and activate the LG and Stabilizers--hope it continues to work until we get back to Omaha. there must be a problem in the manual part of the switches--strang but the awining works with the manual switch.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:20 PM   #6
347tht

M.O.C. #25756
My remote will only turn on the security lights nothing else. Has not worked since I have owned the trailer. wiring looks like it same as ones in the pictures at the start of this thread. I have tried to reprogram it but same result. Thinking maybe my brain box thing is done?
347tht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:15 PM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
This is an 11 year old Thread. Much has changed since it was written. I can't see any pictures of wiring in this Thread. I suggest you start a new Thread about your problem with pictures if available so we understand your problem.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote