Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2020, 09:26 PM   #1
Christal
Established Member

M.O.C. #25948
Smile New owner of a 2020 montana 3760fl

Hi!! Christal & Joseph here. My husband travels for work. We have been 'fulltiming' for almost 3 years. We have recently upgraded from a keystone avalanche to a Montana. He is currently in Ohio but we are staying in Wheeling WV. We are excited about our new rig but will have lots of questions. Like to say hi to everyone!!

Christal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:16 AM   #2
Russ&Reen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21546
Congrats on the new rig, and welcome from WI!
Russ&Reen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:33 AM   #3
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum!
2020 GMC 3500 Crew Cab Dually
Marilynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:20 AM   #4
Knight1
Established Member

M.O.C. #25575
Congrats!

Congratulations on the new 5th! We purchased our new 2020 3760FL in January and are chomping at the bit to get it out and start appreciating everything it has to offer! We're seasonal for now and thought this would be the ideal trailer to go into as a full time rig, which is the plan for the future.
Congrats again!
Knight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! May your new rig bring you many years of wonderful memories.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Congrats. We have a front living room too with the back door on the opposite side. We absolutely love ours. It took a year to flush out problems, but now that they are all resolved, the last several trips "out", we've not had any new issues at all, except for my own screw-ups.

You'll really enjoy that front living room. At one time (last Fall), we had 22 people inside ours for a family camp-out when it rained during breakfast and everyone migrated into our camper. And, believe it or not, everyone had somewhere to sit and plenty of elbow room to eat. I was the last one to sit and ended up sitting on the steps leading to the living room. I took photos of the group. Even looking at the photos now, I still can't believe we had that many people in the kitchen-living room for breakfast.

Yep, you'll really that new camper! We sure do enjoy ours.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:57 AM   #7
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulation and welcome to the forum.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:55 PM   #8
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
Sounds like a nice move up for you ..enjoy the new digs and great to see you here at MOC.
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:15 PM   #9
alihuck

M.O.C. #26009
Hi there, my husband and I just purchased the 2020 Montana 3761FL in February. We opted for the new "Cottage White" We love it. Other then bringing it back to Texas from Virginia we have not used it yet. We are both very excited to get out on the road.
alihuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #10
Christal
Established Member

M.O.C. #25948
We had a 380fl avalanche before the montana. I absolutely love the front living. So far so good there are little things that i've noticed that needs to be fixed. We are kinda doing it backwards full timing now and when he retires then find our place in the world. Hope all this goin on in the world tames down soon so you can get out on the road happy trails.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #11
Christal
Established Member

M.O.C. #25948
I would love to see that color, i didnt know they offered that color. I think ours is bourbon. I love the way it makes it feel so much larger because its brighter. We are currently in West Virginia. We went all the way to Duluth Minnesota to pick ours up. Happy camping!
Old 03-27-2020, 01:39 PM   #12
Christal
Established Member

M.O.C. #25948
WOW 22 people? I love it so far so good. What problems have you had to flush out.? Ive noticed lil things that have to be addressed nothing too big. Do you have a generator in your rig or was it gen prepped? We took out the onan cummins generator that was in our 2016 and are planning to install in montana but our rig is not gen prepped. We purchased the generator already installed in trailer. Jus curious. We recently added the splendide washer. I had a combo pinnacle in the other unit and i knew i didnt want a combo again. Well hope all goes well for ya hear on out. Stay safe
Old 04-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #13
Mr Mustang
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christal View Post
We had a 380fl avalanche before the montana. I absolutely love the front living. So far so good there are little things that i've noticed that needs to be fixed. We are kinda doing it backwards full timing now and when he retires then find our place in the world. Hope all this goin on in the world tames down soon so you can get out on the road happy trails.

Hi Christal, welcome to the forum. We have a 2014 3850 fl. We just love the floorpan! The only problem we had was with the front slide motor going out we had a mobile tech come out easy fix still under warranty. After four years the plastic shower drain broke I was able to fix it with parts from a local hardware store!👍🏻 Stay safe out there. 😷😷✌🏻️
Mr Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:33 PM   #14
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Congrats on the new rig! We have the 3761FL ~ only difference is we have the res fridge instead of RV fridge. Only 3 very minor warranty items in 11,000 miles and 170 nights. Ours is a 2019.5 so we did get some 2020 items, my wife is happy one is the window over the headboard
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:48 PM   #15
CDrevant

M.O.C. #28126
Just purchased a 2021 3760FL for full time living. What kind of growing pain problems have folks been having? We have a few plumbing leaks, a lifting linoleum in the front living room and a very noisy gas furnace.
CDrevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:44 AM   #16
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Welcome, Christal. We are currently at Camp Creek a few hours south of you. Lots of helpful people on the forum here. Congrats on the new 5er.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:03 AM   #17
Knight1
Established Member

M.O.C. #25575
Montana 3760FL

Congrats on the new Fifth!!, we have a 2020 3760FL, DW and I love the trailer, layout works great.
Issues?
We've had a few, some still trying to get worked out. The first & most aggravating is the RV fridge. The fridge actually works fine, but the freezer is the issue. It won't maintain a temp below 16-18 Deg F.
It's enough to keep previously frozen stuff solid, but anything that isn't frozen either won't freeze solid or takes days. Have had to throw out stuff a few times because it had gone bad. And the frost builds up huge inside the freezer. Dealer tech has been out to look at it twice and the only comment has been "yes, definitely something wrong here". We're dealing with both our dealer and Keystone, still not resolved.
The furnace is waiting on a new circuit board - it's noisy, but the issue we've had has been works great for days/weeks then suddenly won't start, fan comes on, blows for a few minutes and then shuts down. The pilot won't light. I've pulled the cover, hit the reset to get it to try and then push/pull/wiggle the connectors and the board until it kicks in. Dealer has ordered a new board, waiting for it to be installed.
It's definitely a loud furnace, not bad inside, but Very loud outside, sounds like a jet engine when it fires up. Don't know if there's anything can be done about that. Fortunately the park we stay in for the summer is very roomy and we don't have anyone directly behind us most of the time (for their sake).
The vinyl floor in the livingroom started floating last fall, only an issue when the furnace is on since the air is leaking around the floor vent and pushing under the vinyl. Hesitant to take it to the dealer since everything takes days/weeks to get fixed and seem to end up with another issue after, so going to tackle this one on my own. I've done enough repair work over the years to not be concerned about this one.
Knight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:38 PM   #18
CDrevant

M.O.C. #28126
Thanks Knight1 ! We definitely love the trailer layout. We’ll work through the initial growing pains. Our last trailer was a Grande Design and we lost the control board in that furnace. Same symptoms. RV service guy said it was common in most as they use crappy boards.
CDrevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:11 PM   #19
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDrevant View Post
Just purchased a 2021 3760FL for full time living. What kind of growing pain problems have folks been having? We have a few plumbing leaks, a lifting linoleum in the front living room and a very noisy gas furnace.
Welcome! We spend about 7 months on the road every year in our 2019 3761 FL. Thousands of miles and hundreds of nights. I had 2 mionor warranty items and a tail light recall early on. Just recently I had the left front jack drop about 3", raised it and so far no problem. The block for the jack returns is a 5 position, only 4 hoses connected and the factory decided a quick connect was enough to fill the opening, wrong. No leaks of any kind, no problem with the floor covering either. Threads on other models have mentioned that, mostly near the furnace vents and state the floor is not glued, at least in those areas. Every RV furnace is noisey. They are very inefficient and send lots of heat out the vent. Difficult in your area of the world but I follow a lyric by Jimmy Buffet, "I go where the weather suits my clothes". So we tend to travel where it is NOT overly warm and avoid temps under 40. With the FP in the front LR and HP in the rear the furnace comes on less than 10 nights annually.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 08:05 PM   #20
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
Congratulations, welcome to the club!
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote