Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #61
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have a queen bed in both my stick home and the coach. I am buying a new bed next spring and I have decided on getting a king for the stick home. I wish back in Jan of 04 when I placed my order for the 3400RL the king bed would have been an option. I was talking with my folks the other day about my coach and said I wanted the king bed, my mom just laughed and said "your single, what do you need a king bed for?" I could only come up with this answer, so I have more room to lay around and watch tv. Sounded like a good reason to me. =)

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:19 AM   #62
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
King bed for us at home and in the Montana. My wife is a cover stealer and a bed hog. If I could get an extra 3 ft... probably wouldn't solve the problem. Maybe if I get out of the bed and go over to the other side???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:34 PM   #63
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave
I sure hope your wife doesn't read this forum!
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 05:56 PM   #64
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Good Evening All,

On the subject of queen vs. king beds - the king bed in the 06 3400RL we purchased was optional. We decided on the queen since it provided more walk around space in the bed room, and since it was actually 6" longer than the king! Me and my wife are both taller than average and really wanted the longer bed. For the record, the queen is 60"W by 80"L. The king is 72"W by 74"L. The reason the king is shorter is so it will clear the sink when the slide is all the way in.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 06:16 PM   #65
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Dave
I sure hope your wife doesn't read this forum!
Happy trails....................
She admits it. We go round and round about this in a good natured way. Course, then her secret weapon comes out... she has this absolutely RIDICULOUS claim that I snore! Can you believe that! I dunno... I'VE never heard it... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 12-25-2005, 06:21 PM   #66
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rickfox

Good Evening All,

On the subject of queen vs. king beds - the king bed in the 06 3400RL we purchased was optional. We decided on the queen since it provided more walk around space in the bed room, and since it was actually 6" longer than the king! Me and my wife are both taller than average and really wanted the longer bed. For the record, the queen is 60"W by 80"L. The king is 72"W by 74"L. The reason the king is shorter is so it will clear the sink when the slide is all the way in.
Rick, Good point on the length. I'll have to re-evaluate this.. I am 6'2" and Cheryl is 5'8". I really don't like my feet hanging over the end of the bed. I had heard this before, but it didn't stick in my brain, I guess... (Wife won't read that either, Sue.)
Old 12-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #67
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I thought the king beds were 72X80 and the queen was 60X80? Being that I am 6' a shorter king would not do me any good. Guess I am lucky I have a queen bed then. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 07:53 PM   #68
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
I just took the king out of our new 2980rl because of the room in front of the closet. We had a queen in our Arctic fox and it was fine unless the Granddaughter joined us but we can make room for her.
jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 11:54 PM   #69
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, we had the same reaction to being in our king sized bed when we got home from Alaska. Where are you??? But since Greta has been sleeping in our bed ever since that trip, we are thankful for the extra room. She takes up half the space as she sleeps between us.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:15 AM   #70
Montana_4397
Established Member

M.O.C. #4397
When it comes to beds that are 74" in length, they get crossed off our list of floorplans. 60" wide is fine, but I'm not buying another RV with an "RV Queen" (60X74"). Been there, done that, and now it's in the rear view mirror.

Best Regards, Ted
Montana_4397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 04:30 AM   #71
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I can't find the dimensions on Montana's website. Anyone have them on the Queen & King sizes? AND does anyone know if any of these are changing in the 2006 models... hard to keep track anymore.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:48 AM   #72
Gonfishin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3604
We have a late 05 and I just measured the dimensions of our king bed. Keep in mind the corners of the mattress are cut (rounded) to allow for sink clearance. Measuring down the middle of the bed it measures approx. 72w X 78 give or take a half inch.
Gonfishin is offline   Reply With Quote