Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2023, 09:30 AM   #1
Ultrakodiak
Established Member

M.O.C. #28590
Norcold Model 2118ssm2 refrigerator

I have the above fridge in my RV. The bottom left door of the refrigerator is having issues. The plastic on the bottom of the door has started breaking away which is causing the hinge pin not to fit properly and in turn causes the fridge door not to close properly. According to Norcold the plastic on the bottom of the door is not replaceable so a new door would be required. The part number they gave me was 638469, and then proceeded to tell me the part is obsolete. Has anyone else had problems like this with the fridge door?

Ultrakodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:53 AM   #2
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Pictures?
Maybe take the door off, fill the void space with bondo. Drill it out and re-mount the Hinge plate?
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 11:13 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
It is hard to believe a 2 year old refer is obsolete and parts are no longer available. There may be a RV junkyard near you where a door could be found?

This has happened before and, as I recall, you are going to be disappointed in your repair options. I remember people repairing/manufacturing the door bracket to fix the problem. Do a Search here with keywords like refrig hinge broken repair etc. and you should be able to find it.

I did a bunch of Searches with different keywords. I remember someone repaired the door and posted pictures. It was a long time ago but the idea should still work. Here is a post about RonD's repair of his door. It doesn't have pictures but it is pretty detailed with what he did. I happen to know him and that door repair lasted a long time until he traded the Montana and went to the dark side.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=52497

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 01:10 PM   #4
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Found this. Is this your unit?
https://rvfridgeguys.com/norcold-low...2118ss-models/
Man did I go down a rabbit hole lol
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PL_2118_637110_20200511.pdf (2.31 MB, 28 views)