Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2023, 08:25 AM   #1
LRbill
Established Member

M.O.C. #28689
Window issue. Looking for some help!

We have a 2014 High Country 343RL that has an issue with the escape window over the office area.

The window wont stay attached at the top and I cant figure out how it actually is supposed to attach. It looks like it has a lip that fits into a groove but I can't tell if it is supposed to have some way of "attaching" to the groove.

Does anyone know how these windows are constructed and what keeps the top of the window in place?

I sure appreciate any thoughts or help. Thanks!

Bill

Old 11-07-2023, 01:58 PM   #2
LRbill
Established Member

M.O.C. #28689
Follow up.

For those that may encounter the issue of the escape window popping off, the fix is rather simple but took me a bit to figure it out.

The top "hinge" is actually two channels with lips. There are also two small pins made to fit into corresponding cutouts in the opposing lip.

You have to swing the widow upward quite a bit past 90 degrees to get the two lips interlocked. At the same time, the two pins need to be placed into their slots.

The only thing holding the top of the window in place is the interlocking of the two very small lips. This setup makes me nervous but it must work....

While this might be obvious to some, it was a bit of a head scratcher for me. Maybe it will help someone on down the road.