Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2020, 02:17 PM   #21
cronedon

M.O.C. #18120
Black Tank Flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomJerram View Post
we have a 2013 3625 RE. The black tank flush is not putting water into the black tank. I have removed the black tank check valve under the sink and replaced it with 2 elbows connected together to complete the circuit. But, still no black tank flush.

Any Ideas?
A friend suggested opening the water line to the black tank flush - only a trickle at the start, till it starts to flush. Fixed my problem. It wouldn’t work if I opened the tap fully at the start.

cronedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:07 PM   #22
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
I think I’d try filling the black tank all the way to the top with enzymatic cleaner and warm water so that you see it at the bottom of the toilet. Then let that soak for a long time.

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:30 PM   #23
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I don’t even use the black tank built in flush port. I use the Valtera clear connection with gate valve and wash port.. all 3 tanks are always clean. Much better way to clean tanks and no worries about check valves or anti siphon valve leaks.

I can physically see when my tanks are clean... all 3 tank level indicators function properly ...
I also found this way to flush much better than the factory flush system. In fact, when I replaced my black tank, I didn't re-install flush wand. Really didn't want to drill a hole (and a possible leak site) in the new tank. I put a plug in the tank rinse pipe so no one can accidentally cause a flood. I had previously bypassed the anti-siphon valve.

I also use a water flow meter so I know how much rinse water has entered the tank. Don't want to over fill.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:52 AM   #24
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
Maybe it is time to not waste your time on flushing this way. If you can't repair it $$$$ just wait until the toilet is nearly full and dump. Then refill and dump again...the old fashion way.

A couple of fill ups/flush will work just fine.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote