Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
Half Fast Rusty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18143
Fresh Water overflow

Took the HC for its first dry camp weekend. Filled the fresh water tank until it overflowed at the back where the overflow is located. checked the gauge and sure enough it was full. Should be enough for the weekend. However, every time I took a right turn, water would continue to overflow. By the time I got to my destination, more than half the water was no longer in the tank. Might be a real dry camping weekend. OK, so where did I go wrong? I don't see a valve or cut off for the overflow and don't see any practical way to keep the water usable until you reach your destination. I must have missed something.

Russ & Nancy Porterfield
Half Fast Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
I have filled my 3160 until I had water spit out the breather. I did this when I was five miles from my dry camping destination. Did not see any other water coming out the vent during that five miles of when I pulled up the steep grade into our campsite. I would guess it could have something to do with the way the vent is laid out in the tank. Seems like something wrong in my opinion to loose half your water.

Add one more thing to the list of questions for your dealership. Hopefully you will have a shirt list.

Tom Marty
Old 05-30-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
Mr Pachu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17922
We have the same problem with our Montana and we had asked the forum the same question. Here is a link to it: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=66224
Mr Pachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
Half Fast Rusty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18143
Thanks for the link. My partner who was following us in his rig said I lost water every time I turned right and it was coming out of the overflow. Sounds like something to talk to the dealer about. I'm going to the Western Rally at the end of June in Oregon, I'll ask the Keystone rep there if he has any ideas. Fortunately we don't go dry camping more than a half dozen times a year. This time, I was able to gather hoses from all the others that were at the event and run a water line to refill my tank from a drinking fountain a hundred and fifty yards away. Saved the weekend.

Russ & Nancy Porterfield
Half Fast Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote