Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Well Ozz, I let you down

After your experience in Goodyear, I had planned to avoid the town completely. I have to report that I let you down.

it all started Monday. I had brake problems on my way from California to Arizona. When I got parked a couple of guys recommended a shop in Goodyear. I found another mobile, independent business guy and scheduled an appointment for yesterday. He called about 10:00 and was very sorry but he had double booked and wouldn't be able to come out. I had kept my Tuesday appointment with the other shop, so I figured I go catch a ball game and grab a cold one (or 2).

We'll you guessed it, the only near by game was in, none other than Goodyear. I went anyway, knowing your disappointment but I had to get my mind off the brakes.

We'll today, I hooked up early and pulled the rig down to the service center in Goodyear. First thing the guy asked me is for the year and make of the truck. When I told him, he said that they have seen several brake controller failures on the new Fords.

While he said he'd check out my rig, he sent me to the Ford Dealer....you guessed it, in Goodyear.

So as hard as I tried, I let you down Ozz, ole buddy. I'm only here for two more days and I'd like to promise to stay out of town....but....

Ken

brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Ken, just blame everything on "Stanley".
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Ozz, seems like a kind hearted guy. He will probably forgive you, knowing that driving with brake problems is a BAD thing. But just in case he doesn't, keep your head down, until ya hear it from him. Hope they got your brake problem sorted out.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Brenko,
Out of curiosity, is your license plate on the front or the back or both? Be careful out there!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Bingo,
I'm from California, we have them front middle and back and they charge for all three....just kidding of course...about the three...not the charge.
Rich.
Perhaps I could have avoided all the problems by letting Stanley out of the closet...oh poor Sadie Rose......
Garyghost03
Well, I had brakes leaving Goodyear, I think that was a good thing....?

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Didn't need brakes leaving Goodyear. It's best to just keep on going
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Anything to keep you safe my friend, you are forgiven. But with alcohol on your breath, good thing you didn't get stopped by my own Goodyear storm-trooper...
With all the hell raised by the group, I think they may have had a meeting about being nice to Snowbirds. If they did, then all this junk I had to go through was worth it.
I got a email back from Governor Jan Brewer saying she contacted Missouri State Patrol, and The Mayor of Goodyear as well as the Chief of Police. She said she could not get involved with the traffic laws, but suggested continuing talks with the Chief of Police.
I imagine the officer that issued the ticket is sorry he did it, no one wants that kind of attention from his superiors. or the Governor
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Good job with the Governor Ozz. Keeping the pressure on them.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote