Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
2 weeks in Omaha YAYYY!!

Rondo and Mary host our visit to Omaha for 2 weeks, we both gained multiple lbs. Every morning a big breakfast and big dinners most nights if the girls got home from thrift shopping before 9pm.. So for you folks with a macerater Ron and Mary now have a FHU site in their driveway, SWEET!!! We got to visit the farm and the Platte river bottom lands and chase beeves. Betsy and Mary got to thrift shop for HOURS and HOURS. So we had a great time in Omaha. The day after we left Dave Clark arrived with his buddy Bob who was following Dave in a GMC coach and they were both headed out to Denver to be with Kathy and Bob's wife. The girls are singing in the Sweet Adeline's competition there in Denver. Dave and Bob caught up with us at the Holiday travel park in North Platte. We all had a great time and parted company with them this afternoon at the I-76/I-80 interchange. We headed west to Cheyenne and they headed to Denver. The weather seems to backed off a bit and it seems warmer out here. We helped a couple with a 2011 Montana here in the park whose slide pump and rear stabilizers all stopped at once. I tried to chase down the circuit and had voltage to the control panel but no farther. So I supplied my Dewalt 18 volt drill and 3 battery packs to the manual pump method of retracting slides. Let me tell you it is a very slow process. It is best done on one slide at a time. They finally got out of here around 4pm. They had to get home today so I am glad we could help. I am hoping they join MOC in the next day or two. They were great folks. Well that is it for the night, tomorrow we head to Rock Springs Wy, then down through Utah to Vegas.

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Way to go Dave! Makes you feel good when you can help someone who needs it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Our son and his family live in Rock Springs, WY. He works for the Union Pacific RR there. Wave to the trains as you go through.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
We had a great time with Dave and Besty and their stay with us! I think I gained some weight and inches while you guys were here also. Glad you made the stop here to make a visit! Also enjoyed seeing Dave Clark and his buddy Bob! To bad they had to leave with such a short visit! Hope all of you have a safe trip and hope to see you down the road somewhere or back here in Omaha again!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 AM   #5
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

Our son and his family live in Rock Springs, WY. He works for the Union Pacific RR there. Wave to the trains as you go through.
After 42 yrs of railroading I can assure you that waving to a train as it goes by is a favorite of most motorists. Most of them wave at me when I go thru the crossing letting me know I am number one.....if you get my drift!! lol

Except for the kids, they wave and smile like heck.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:46 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Nice of you to help them Dave.
Glad you had a good time with Rondo and Mary, good Peeps!
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

We had a great time with Dave and Besty and their stay with us! I think I gained some weight and inches while you guys were here also. Glad you made the stop here to make a visit! Also enjoyed seeing Dave Clark and his buddy Bob! To bad they had to leave with such a short visit! Hope all of you have a safe trip and hope to see you down the road somewhere or back here in Omaha again!
Yes, Rondo is the manager of the Park and Slop here in Omaha
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote