Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
remhob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10257
Neck Strain in 3665RE

Hi all,

We are new to the forum and are hoping to purchase a 3665RE. We really like the floorplan but my only concern is getting a crick in your neck when watching the TV from the sofa. Does anyone with this model find that to be a problem or am I just concerned about nothing.

Would also appreciate any comments from owners of this model (or anyone else for that matter) either pro or con.

Thanks for your comments. Pat

remhob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
We watch the TV from the sofa without any problem at all. In fact, we swapped the recliners and sofa because the DW wanted it that way and there is still no problem. Enjoy your new Monty.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
remhob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10257
Thanks Jim and Vicki. Nice to meet you.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Pat, Welcome to "The Best Darned Forum on the WWW!!!!. I prefer to watch the TV "Straight on", this was one of our decisions as to why we bought the 3400. It looks like in the 3665 you are always looking with your head tilted. We moved our couch to the rear, where Cathy sits, and bought a Lazy Boy wall hugger recliner for the large slide. The OEM recliners did not last long at all. Perhaps you could rearrange the furniture to have a better viewing angle. Hope you get it worked out or get a good neck massager.......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by remhob

Hi all,

We are new to the forum and are hoping to purchase a 3665RE. We really like the floor plan but my only concern is getting a crick in your neck when watching the TV from the sofa. Does anyone with this model find that to be a problem or am I just concerned about nothing.
Pat,

We have the 3665RE. Wive likes to stretch out on the sofa (lays down on it, so no else is going to sit on it). I use one of the recliners, usually moved to the center of the coach. May have to try what Jim said, because two recliner are not going to recline where the come from the factory... just not enough room.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Pat,
It's good to meet you guys too. Try to make a couple of the rallys this year if you can. You'll meet some really great people.
Phil
I sit in a recliner that can be turned toward the TV and Vickie reclines on the couch and has no problem with viewing the TV. It's not as bad as one would think.
Jim
Old 03-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
We have had no comfort issues watching TV from anywhere in ours. We were rained in one night and had the camper full. LCD TVs have virtually unlimited viewing angles, so the picture is bright even if you're viewing it from the sides. If you're really concerned the 346 is an option. It has the lift 40 inch TV directly across from the sofa. It also has the side aisle bath with the private bedroom. Really it is not an issue watching TV in the 3665 though. If you like that plan go for it.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
We recline the chairs in the spot they came in. All we do when we set up is pull them out from the wall a little. There's even room to swivel them towards the TV. If you mean leaving them all the way back in the slide against the wall in the straight up position then there is no room to move them. I think that's just for traveling. Slide them out a little.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
remhob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10257
Thank you all very much, not only for your reply but for the warm welcome. I think the sofa will be okay since as Jim and Vickie and John and Cindy mentioned I like to strech out on the sofa anyway. Phil and Cathy the 3400 is our next choice. We also have a yellow lab. Aren't they great dogs?

Now another question, or I guess serveral rolled into one. What options did you get that you find you don't really need and which ones did you not get that you wish you had. What are things you would like to change in the 3665 and what things do you love.

Thanks again for you help in our decision making process. Pat
Old 03-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
We got the second AC, washer/dryer and satellite dome and we're glad we got all of them. We really love the side aisle and the enclosed bath. That's what sold us on that model. I've also made several modifications since we've had it. It's become an obsession with me but I do the same to the house and the barn.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #11
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
The Hickory package and the Moving to Montana package include almost everything. Beyond that you will definitely want:
1. The extra high back chair for the desk
2. Fireplace
3. End table and lamp
4. Convection Microwave
5. 2nd air conditioner (either from factory or have dealer install low profile and make sure it's ducted)
6. At least one fantastic fan in the kitchen, you may want one in the bath as well
7. Central vac- really nice!

The other options are much more personal choice:

1. Slide toppers- there are pros and cons
2. Dual pane windows- depends on where you'll be using it
3. Mor/ryde hitch pin- mine pulls good without it, but others swear by it
4. Coffee table- nice, but more to move and store before traveling
5. Four door fridge- very nice, but pricey, love mine!
6. Booth dinenette- do you need an extra bed?
7. You can get a shower in place of the tub/shower
8. You can get a generator or just generator prep

Montanas come pretty well equiped. There's really not a ton of options to stress over. Now get your order in. The warm weather is almost here.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #12
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
You will also want to install surge protection when you get it. That is a must have item. It will protect your investment.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
One thing about the dome satellites is unless there's a new one I don't know about you can't get HD programing with them. They're really awesome, but HD was important to me so I set up the old tri-pod with the Slimline dish to get all my HD channels. I am a bit of a videofile and have been totally spoiled by HD. I may add a washer/dryer myself. We do stay gone for 10 days sometimes and need to wash some. Laundramats are no fun. The private bedroom and bath was big with us as well as we bring company quite often. I also loved the 40 inch TV in the back with the huge window and the option to lower the TV to fully expose it.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:04 AM   #14
Johnnyg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9710
Like Jim and Vickie we swapped locations of the sofa and recliners. It seems to make more room at the dinette table.
To me the sofa has a very shallow seat and I'm not very comfortable in any position on it. It's probably the first thing I'm going to replace.
I hope it wasn't a mistake but we didn’t get the 2nd ac unit. It appears to be prepped electrically for it so it shouldn’t be a big deal if I find we need it.

Johnnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #15
et2
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8920
We pull both recliners completely out of the slide out so they sit facing the TV. The end table we put in the slide out with the lamp.Then we have sort of a bay window ...
et2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #16
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NCFischers

We watch the TV from the sofa without any problem at all. In fact, we swapped the recliners and sofa because the DW wanted it that way and there is still no problem. Enjoy your new Monty.
Jim, switch sofa and recliners today, I like it better that way too, will see what the wife says on our next trip.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #17
sola123
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10136
We have ordered a 3665RE but did not get the lamp table between the chairs..we believe having room to turn the chairs and pull them away from the wall will present no problems...and the wife oes enjoy laying out on the couch to watch tv at times as well....and me too....I think you are ordering the right one...we are in central VA..see you on the road...come to the rally in Hillsville VA....
sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #18
remhob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10257
I had the thought that maybe instead of the lamp table I could get a two drawer file cabinet, since I like that feature in the 3400. Any thoughts?
Old 03-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #19
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 7.3Ford

Quote:

Jim, switch sofa and recliners today, I like it better that way too, will see what the wife says on our next trip.
Make sure your sofa clears the slide when you put the slide in the first time. Its real close on some and some its a no deal. Just a heads up.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #20
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 7.3Ford

Quote:

Make sure your sofa clears the slide when you put the slide in the first time. Its real close on some and some its a no deal. Just a heads up.

Dave
I measured the max width and it is 32" max and that is clise to, we found some at a furnature store that looked like a earth chair it reclined and swilived and had a matching automan for 299.00.
Good luck on your decision. that is one of the bigest problems that the RV industry has in my observation is the entertainment center location to the RV most of the time they have you sitting sideways to watch it.