Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2023, 07:21 PM   #21
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
I would guess that at pushing 80, I still have all my OE. Creaky knees and a bum shoulder from skiing are still a ways away from needing overhaul. My wife also is all original but she is a couple years younger and still in decent shape (well, great shape) .

2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 08:40 PM   #22
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Knee replacement

I’ve had both knees replaced in the 4-5 yrs. I think my follow ups were pretty regular the first year with the Dr. My physical therapists did most of the follow up consultations with the Dr. No recall on my knees.
Fast forward to my shoulder replacement which has been a total cluster, with the same Dr. Now I’m looking at possible surgery for my other shoulder which I’m putting off indefinitely.
Good luck with your recall
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 08:41 PM   #23
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
Had left knee replaced in 2013 and right knee in 2015, therapy was brutal but pain pills and a nurse I nicknamed "Atilla the Hun" got me thru it and have excellent range of motion. Wished I had done this 10 years earlier.
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 12:52 AM   #24
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
I had my left knee total replacement done in 1998 and my right knee total replacement in 1999. Both are working better than the original knees ever did.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:01 AM   #25
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
I had a total ankle replacement 19 January this year. First 6 weeks I was allowed NO weight on that foot. No fun when living in an Rv full time. Wife has spoiled me rotten. Total recovery time 4-6 months but swelling up to a year.
I have had 3 surgeries on both knees at the same time. First two were before arthroscopic surgery. Had an appointment with a knee replacement surgeon in January and was told I still have a couple years before knee replacements.
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:00 PM   #26
Todd & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28634
Years if ice skating as a child/teen and 35 years in industrial maintenance on top of running 2 to 5 miles a day. My surgeon told me on my last arthroscopic that the next time I saw her it would be for replacement knees as both on mine were bone on bone. That was about 7 years ago now and I am still going strong, a little pain now and then and getting up from kneeling is challenging but so far so good! I'm not looking for any surgery if I can avoid it.
Old 05-20-2023, 05:06 PM   #27
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Just for a final report. I met with my new surgeon. They took new x-rays and because I'm still in the health care system as I was in 2017, they had all my original x-rays and follow up x-rays for comparison.

According to the new doctor, he didn't see any unusual wear or breakdown of that plastic "lube plate" between the metal parts and at this time, no more follow up is needed, especially since I'm having absolutely no indication of any pain or popping or wear. He does want me to come back in 6 months for another comparison x-ray, only because this part is in a recall time period. If all is well then, he recommends another 3 years for any more follow up, unless I start having problems.

So, that's the final results. I'm extremely grateful, at this point in time, there are no concerns! All good, and everything back to normal.

My wife and I, son and grandson, and 2 doggies walked 2 miles today at Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park (Lawrence, Indiana .... Indianapolis). Every step was a "thank you Lord, thank-you!" I'm so grateful everything is a mute concern right now!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote