Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
What name or type of wax do you use on your RV

One of my friends has just told me that there is a new type of "wax" out. This "wax" can get onto the decals and can be "rubbed" off without any problems. In my case I've had probems with "wax" applied to the "decals" or on rubber. It just would not come off. Now this "new" product is suppose to work for people like me that always get the "wax" where it not suppose to be. I'll post the name of the "wax" when he calls me back and tells me again.
So what type or name of "wax" do you use for the RV?
thanks
chuck

lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
BigAl52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4977
Chuck
Try some Protect All you can get it at wal-mart and I think camping world might also carry it. Al
BigAl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
I did a little research about waxes and was told by a manufacture not to use any petroleum distillates on vinyl decals, it's in some waxes. If thats the case that would go for TV or trailer decals. I know I have done it for years like many other have, just some info that was past on to me?

Back to the question, I now use 303 Aerospace Protectant from top to bottom on the trailer roof, sides, seals, and tires. Really its much easier than wax!SeeYa

Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have used Meguiar's Gold Glass wax on my coach, but requires too much use of the old shoulders. I now use Gel-Gloss wash/wax on the coach. The Gel-gloss is much easier to use compared to the paste wax.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Spray on Turtle Wax. Easy on and easy off. Looks great and did I mention how easy it is to use?
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
FAST WAX. Comes in a spray can and is made in North
Carolina. NASCAR uses it on their race cars. Easy to put on and come off. Montanas take two cans. Oh did I tell you I am a distributer. Saw it at a car show. I wax the Montana, boats, and cars once a year and the water just bubbles up and rolls off.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
BigAl52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4977
Dennis
I know one thing Dennis it sure wasn't cause I can type fast Al
BigAl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
We used Turtle wax the first two years, till it ran out. Just bought some Meguiar's to use on the nose and was very impressed with it. It does require some rubbing, but not as much as the Turtle Wax. It has the carnabu(?) wax which is recommended for fiberglass.

We bought some spray wax with Teflon by Dupont for the rest of the trailer, which went on very easy and left a nice slick finish. We have tried the Protect All on the truck bed cover. It worked better than ArmorAll, but was harder to put on. Not so impressed with it for the price. I have heard good things about the 303, but have not been able to find it except on line. The 303 is recommended by several bed cover mfr.
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
wersqu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5683
I have tried 2 products that are a snap. One is Voom Gold. Spray on and wipe off. A bit expensive, but it works. The other is almost the same but much cheaper. This is Ice by Turtle wax. Both are synthetic. Not a wax, and both are UV blockers. They can be applied over any stickers or plastics without leaving a white residue. Ice takes 3-4 minutes to dry after application. Voom is spray on, wipe off. The bad news. Both are not cleaners. You need to get the black streaks and bugs off as this will go right over the top of them.
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #10
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
I use the 303 Protectant.....spay on and wipe off. It works great from top to bottom, stem to stern.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote