Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2020, 06:39 AM   #21
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
I’m doing the same thing. Here’s my solution (I think):

I’m putting 1/4” plywood over the top of my slide out floor. This will bring the vinyl plank up enough so it cover the mounting holes on the white plastic ramp material on the main floor edge. On the main floor I plan to put a 1” strip of 1/4” plywood along the edge next to that metal lip. Then I’ll take another 1/4” of plywood about 1.5” wide and piece it on over the metal strip between the big screw heads and also over the 1” plywood strip beneath it. This will allow the plank flooring on the main floor slide to lay flat on that metal strip next to the other side of the white plastic ramp. This will leave about a 2” wide x 1/2” high section along the length of the main floor edge. Then I’ll put down a piece of 1/2” quarter round molding on the edge of this section. There will be about 1/2” of the plastic ramp showing between the vinyl plank but it should be pretty level across the top. I’ll paint the white plastic ramp the same color as I paint the quarter round trim so it doesn’t stick out so much.

Well, that’s my plan. Now I just need to figure out what to lay down on the flooring when I bring the slides in so it doesn’t scratch up the vinyl.

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote