Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2018, 06:47 PM   #41
JohnandJoyce
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20896
Sometimes the simplest answer is the best. I aggree, I have the gauges on each tank and when one runs out, and i know it's going to happen soon by monitoring the gauges, i switch them over and refill tank. Never run dry!!. A full 30 gal tank will take some time to run dry!. Lesson learned is you have to stay on top of it and always monitor the tanks.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:28 AM   #42
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPatNW View Post
@goldmedik & Loneoak - did you use anything else to attach your sensors to the tanks or do you rely on the magnets?
No. We even take the tanks off to get refilled and they stayed on. Mind you, we have not yet traveled with them on as we bought them while here in Florida. All info I have read on them states they on on well.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #43
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny K View Post
For nearly 30 years now I have used the auto switchover and I have never run of propane. From experience you get to know how long a tank will last in difference weather and a habit is formed to check to see if the switchover has turned red indicating to go and fill the empty tank.
I always chuckle to myself when camping and I hear fellow campers complaining about getting up in the middle of the night to manually switch their tanks.
We have done the same for about the same number of years and have never run dry but whatever works for the individual is the right way.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #44
JohnandJoyce
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20896
GOD Bless, and keep the rubber on the road with one eye always open! Stay safe...

Tags
#lpg, #propane