Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2005, 11:41 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is good to know that there are upgrades.will ask about that at the RV show. We too have a high dollar sofa bed down in the family room and we bought one of those air mattresses to put on top the the exsisting mattress as the mattress is way to thin to be comfortable. We will also get the sofa bed option in the Montana.Had the jack knife in the TT.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:04 PM   #22
larryngail
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #888
Hi there~~

I suggest you try it before you buy it. As sweet as the furniture looks (and I really do love the way it looks)-- see how it fits you personally. I'd even break the sofa bed out and lay on it for awhile.

As for me, I'm 6 ft. tall. So...the sofa (in sofa mode, not sleeping) is a little short for me for sitting. Actually so are the recliners when reclined -- my legs extend a lot further than the foot rest. But what the heck...I paid for them so am using them until they have lived their life. I don't sit around that much anyway.

Yes, it's RV sized and RV furniture -- but still...

larryngail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen and I are not tall or very heavy people so we are sort of easy on the Rv furniture but we will be spending a LOT more time in this camper than the last one.Guess we will just get what comes with the camper and hope that it last for 2 or 3 years.Friends of ours got a 05 3670 this summer and we and they were NOT impressed with the recliners/sofa bed.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:42 AM   #24
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I need to get ahold of an CURRENT option sheet. I can't remember running across the funiture upgrade option, Sue. But that is great and we will definitely check that box. Anyone know where I can download this option sheet... probably should try Montana's site, but my experience there is that they are a little behind on posting the most current specs.

Just discovered that Grand Rapids is having a RV show this weekend at the DeltaPlex, and it just so happens that I have to be in GR Sat afternoon. It's free, so I am checking that out. American RV (GR Keystone dealer) will be there. It's not a big show, but that would be foolish to drive right past it, when I don't have anything scheduled on the way home. I will check on the funiture.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

I need to get ahold of an CURRENT option sheet. I can't remember running across the funiture upgrade option, Sue. But that is great and we will definitely check that box. Anyone know where I can download this option sheet... probably should try Montana's site, but my experience there is that they are a little behind on posting the most current specs.

Just discovered that Grand Rapids is having a RV show this weekend at the DeltaPlex, and it just so happens that I have to be in GR Sat afternoon. It's free, so I am checking that out. American RV (GR Keystone dealer) will be there. It's not a big show, but that would be foolish to drive right past it, when I don't have anything scheduled on the way home. I will check on the funiture.
I have a current option sheet dated Nov 05 and there is NO furniture upgrade on it nor have I ever seen a option sheet with one on it..Perhaps it was a dealer provided upgrade.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
This weekend, when I go to the the GR show (was that the weekend that you and Helen were going to a show, Rich?) I will try to get an updated one (should show Mor/Ryde as a standard feature on the sheet - that would confirm an updated version, I would think). Glenn, where are you?
Old 01-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #27
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich and Dave,
Take a look at Couchcampers site where he posted all the pictures of the changes for 2006. He has added a 06 options sheet on there that might help you both out.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #28
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I think that has a 11/14/06 date stamped on it, Dave. I actually printed it out. I thought the option list was a little longer... maybe not. But there have been some changes since 11/14, I pretty sure. New colors, Mor/Ryde, etc?
Old 01-05-2006, 03:34 AM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The option sheet from may 05 and Nov 05 are the same. yes we will be at the RV show this weekend and will also quiz the Montana Reps for information.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #30
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
We feel the recliners were "cheaply" made. I almost went on my head out of one and the plastic pieces inside the chairs were breaking with only a couple of months living in the Montana.
I really like some of your ideas on what to replace the furniture with. We actually replaced the two recliners with 2 office type chairs - they are more comfortable then the recliners and easily moved for vacuming etc. We have 3 dogs with long hair.

Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #31
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Strange is it not..Rocky2 notes the recliners are "cheaply made" Upon examination of the recliners in a 3670 we note they are cheaply made and others note the same or change them out for whatever reason..yet there are those who think that they are just great..wonder if there are cheaply made recliners and just great recliners and we just never know which ones we are going to get??? Orrrr each of us has our own perception of " "quality"

Well we did a "quality inspection" of the sofa and recliners at the RV show.We could do that because we were there before the customers. If you are comparing the quality of these things with say a lazy boy they are of poor quality but that is not a fair comparison.If lazy boy is a 10(the best) then these things are a 5 maybe 5.5 in terms of construction..They will do. To actually sleep on the sofa bed mattress would be for the average person , not a good thing..Ok for the grandkids.. they don't know any better.
The bedroom mattress is..well...If you don't want it you can get about a 50.00 credit.The rational is that most folks replace the mattress no matter how good it might be so why spend a lot of $ on a OEM mattress//makes sense to me. Oh..the recliners and Mattress were about the same on all brands Even a Landmark Grand canyon MSVRP 80K
had a worthless mattress.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:56 PM   #32
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
A big second to replacing the factory origionals with Lazy Boy items.

I am 6'3" and we went to a Lazy Boy dual reclining wall hugging sofa with a matching recliner.

The grandkids can sleep on the dinette and the floor when they visit, they think it's more fun than on the OEM hide a bed anyway.
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:17 AM   #33
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
We have taken out the sofa and chair and for our Winter stay in Arizona opted for our own two recliners from our home; no problem getting the sofa out - just a little heavy, since it is a sleeper; and also took out the big heavy wooden table and put in a bistro set, as we try to eat outside when possible, or use our tv tables which are glass topped as well, and also double outside as such when we want them. We kept all the furniture and stored in our spare rooms, so we could put them back into the Unit should be upgrade. Removing the heavy pieces also reduced the overall weight we were carrying and allowed us to include other personal items, that could have put is at weight limit. Also, we had a nice mattress made to our specifications and turned in the cheaper mattress that came with the Coach, which is a Queen size - well worth the money to do that if nothing else. Since we have pets traveling with us, the furniture arrangement works very well for this 6 month stay.

Mike & Evy Orlob
CHASER
MOC #2310
2004 Dodge Ram; 2004 - 3295 RK
traveling with the animals
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #34
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
richfaa - I think you are right on the different qualitys of the "furniture". We are happy with the changes we made. By the way visit the section on changing the king size mattress as I explained what we did in our Montana.

Laura
Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:14 AM   #35
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We took credit for one recliner to make room for the stupid Birds cage and will use the other one till it wears out. We kept the OEM mattress as the credit was only 50.00..Will give it to goodwill under an assumed name, We can buy a suitable Seeley that will be good for us for 595.00.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:11 PM   #36
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
We removed the table and 4 chairs out and replaced the table with a folding one with 2 office chairs which works for us.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:41 PM   #37
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Walter, I'm curious as to your reason for changing out the table/chairs? More room - less weight - other?
Old 01-23-2006, 04:21 AM   #38
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We consider ourselves fortunate. We bought our 3255RL previously enjoyed and have no complaints about the sofa bed, mattress, or recliners. We did finally get a spec sheet and the unit came with most of the upgrades available. Our situation is different from a lot of folks on here in that we don't full time, just part time or long time. The test will be this winter if we can manage being snowbirds. So far all our furniture has been very comfortable.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:33 AM   #39
dannyl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4190
After only 4 weekend camping trips one of the rocker recliners in my unit broke. I took it back to the dealer and he ordered another from the manufacturer. They are not very stout but will use them until I find something I like better.
The dealer called today to let me know the unit was ready to pick up. Since it is winterized I'll probably not go out for a month or so.
dannyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #40
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We took credit for 1 recliner. Will use the other till it breaks.We do not want a jackknife sofa and really don't want the sofa bed as they are very uncomfortable to sleep on, We carry a real good air mattress for folks who may stay over. Don't know if there is any other option for sofa's..will find out before we order.