Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2017, 01:53 AM   #1
hardinrob
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18461
New Order

Hello All, Well I placed an order for a Montana 3921FB yesterday. Estimated delivery date is week of Jan 23rd, 2018. I retire effective Dec 31, 2017 and look forward to beginning the next phase of life enjoying some travel. Tow Vehicle is a 2016 GMC DenaliHD 3500 CC LB 4x4. Any things I should look out for with 3921FB on PDI would be appreciated.

hardinrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #2
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Congratulations on your order. Mine will go in around February. I see that it takes 3 months on your order rather than 2 months. Is that because of the new changes after the recent dealers' show?
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #3
hardinrob
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18461
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjustice View Post
Congratulations on your order. Mine will go in around February. I see that it takes 3 months on your order rather than 2 months. Is that because of the new changes after the recent dealers' show?
Actually, I requested the delayed delivery until Jan 2018. I'm retiring Dec 31, 2017 and for financial reasons I don't want to pay for the Montana until after the first of the new year.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Makes sense. Happy camping!
Old 10-21-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and we hope you have many happy times in it when you receive it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #6
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Congrats on the new unit!
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardinrob View Post
Hello All, Well I placed an order for a Montana 3921FB yesterday. Estimated delivery date is week of Jan 23rd, 2018. I retire effective Dec 31, 2017 and look forward to beginning the next phase of life enjoying some travel. Tow Vehicle is a 2016 GMC DenaliHD 3500 CC LB 4x4. Any things I should look out for with 3921FB on PDI would be appreciated.
I'm sure others will weigh in on the PDI question you asked. My best advice is to not let them rush you. Take your time and open and close every cabinet, drawer and door to make sure they are tight and well aligned. Same with the refer. Have them show you everything about the thermostat. Check the heat and make sure there is plenty of warm air coming out of the ducts. Same with the heat pump and A/C. Close and open each slide and watch the movement and listen for any unusual sounds. Same with the landing gear. Look under the unit to see if everything is tight and secure (nothing hanging). Have them add water to the tank and check the faucets and check for leaks under the sinks. Check the TV's and make sure they are set up the way you want them. If you want satellite ask if they are satellite ready or what you need to do to make them ready. In other words, are they just satellite prep or satellite enabled. I never could get mine to work and had to run a line out the window for direct connection. Turn all lights on and off; same with water heater; stove; refer; electronics; etc. Climb the ladder just to briefly browse the roof for anything unusual such as tears or insufficient caulking. I suppose some would say to get up there and look around if you can. Check the fenders to make sure they are secure. Open and close all outside slam doors to make sure they are properly aligned. I had one that you could pull open even after it was slammed shut and locked. Just walk around inside and out checking for damage and workmanship. I'm sure there is more that I may not have covered that others with weigh in on. Remember, you get only one PDI. When I pick up my new Montana next spring I will stay at the dealer for a couple of days (they have a few pads with hookups) before I hit the highway. I am going 2,000 miles to get mine and want to check everything before I leave. Many dealers have hookups like that but you won't know they do unless you ask. If your dealer is local then it's not that important. Happy camping.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #8
hardinrob
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18461
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjustice View Post
I'm sure others will weigh in on the PDI question you asked. My best advice is to not let them rush you. Take your time and open and close every cabinet, drawer and door to make sure they are tight and well aligned. Same with the refer. Have them show you everything about the thermostat. Check the heat and make sure there is plenty of warm air coming out of the ducts. Same with the heat pump and A/C. Close and open each slide and watch the movement and listen for any unusual sounds. Same with the landing gear. Look under the unit to see if everything is tight and secure (nothing hanging). Have them add water to the tank and check the faucets and check for leaks under the sinks. Check the TV's and make sure they are set up the way you want them. If you want satellite ask if they are satellite ready or what you need to do to make them ready. In other words, are they just satellite prep or satellite enabled. I never could get mine to work and had to run a line out the window for direct connection. Turn all lights on and off; same with water heater; stove; refer; electronics; etc. Climb the ladder just to briefly browse the roof for anything unusual such as tears or insufficient caulking. I suppose some would say to get up there and look around if you can. Check the fenders to make sure they are secure. Open and close all outside slam doors to make sure they are properly aligned. I had one that you could pull open even after it was slammed shut and locked. Just walk around inside and out checking for damage and workmanship. I'm sure there is more that I may not have covered that others with weigh in on. Remember, you get only one PDI. When I pick up my new Montana next spring I will stay at the dealer for a couple of days (they have a few pads with hookups) before I hit the highway. I am going 2,000 miles to get mine and want to check everything before I leave. Many dealers have hookups like that but you won't know they do unless you ask. If your dealer is local then it's not that important. Happy camping.
Thanks so much for the sage advice. We actually found out our dealer wants out of state buyers to stay on sight at dealership for a couple of days. Their intention is to allow plenty of time for PDI and demonstrate all the systems. Additionally, our salesman said they have found through over 50 years in the business, that both the customer and the dealership are both much better satisfied after a comprehensive PDI.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:34 PM   #9
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
Congrats on the new Rig make sure to do a good PDI that's the most important part look
at everything more than once you only get one PDI make the most of it!

Bob & Carol
Tacoma WA
2017 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW Crew cab 4x4 6.7L
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:16 PM   #10
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardinrob View Post
Thanks so much for the sage advice. We actually found out our dealer wants out of state buyers to stay on sight at dealership for a couple of days. Their intention is to allow plenty of time for PDI and demonstrate all the systems. Additionally, our salesman said they have found through over 50 years in the business, that both the customer and the dealership are both much better satisfied after a comprehensive PDI.
Also monitor this forum regularly and track the issues members find with their rigs. This will also tell you what to look out for during your PDI.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:40 PM   #11
GeraldFord

M.O.C. #20727
Hi, how are you?
GeraldFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:03 AM   #12
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Enjoy your new rig, it sounds like you have a good dealer.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:46 AM   #13
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Congratulations on your new rig and pending retirement. We hope you thoroughly enjoy both.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:10 AM   #14
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your rig. If you find several small things or anything major on your PDI, I would not pay for it until they are corrected. leave it on the lot and come back when it is done.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #15
hardinrob
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18461
Thanks so much for the kind welcomes and advise. We are excited to begin our traveling journeys.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:59 PM   #16
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I don't see the listing anymore here on the Forum but there used to be a section that had lists of PDI essential to check. It may be here and I'm just missing it but use them. They are worth the time to check off everything on them. There should be several of them. I think you can click on the Search Engine at the top of the page also and type in PDI and you'll come up with a Google list of PDI lists fro the Montana Owners. Take a good flashlight, a screw driver with the square bit that fits into nearly all of the screws on the unit and pen/pencil with a notebook or pad so you can list any items you find. It sounds like your dealer wants to make sure you have everything gone through if they let you stay for a couple of nights to check everything out. Also you can make a video of all of the things the service tech tells you about the unit. It really does help, because there is way to much to try to remember. The video just refreshes your memory on items.
Good luck, Congratulations and hope to see you down the road sometime along ours and your travels.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:18 PM   #17
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome to the MOC family.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:08 AM   #18
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Rondo has a good memory. I had forgotten about the "RV Related Links" available on the old forum which had lots of good info including PDI checklists. All that seem to be gone but by doing a Search (the Google one) using the terms "pdi checklist" I did find this non-Montana specific (but fairly complete) PDI checklist Here

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #19
stengels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14162
Send a message via AIM to stengels
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new rig.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:59 AM   #20
bowill4
Established Member

M.O.C. #8111
Hi Folks
is there anyone on the forum that has a 3791RD, and if so how do you like it .
Thinking of buying one myself
bowill4 is offline   Reply With Quote