Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2020, 06:26 PM   #21
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Our friends had a Front Landing Jack rip loose from the frame of their Jayco, we got it off the TV with a Bottle Jack on each side.

Old 11-15-2020, 06:47 PM   #22
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
MikenDebbie ... Should your time come, don't make this any harder than you need to. Just leave the fiver hooked up to the truck, swap out the cylinder or cylinders just like they came off, and bleed the system making sure you add fluid to replace what goes in the new cylinder(s). I've replaced three or four of these cylinders over the years for people and it actually goes pretty easily. I don't know what's happening to Dad'sHemi without actually being there. It does take three or four complete extend/retracts to get most of the air out.
I’ve never been able to get the new front jacks to cycle up and down, the ( road side) goes down but won’t go up, the passenger side ( curb side) only partly goes down and won’t go up. It’s a mystery

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:04 PM   #23
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
DadsHemi ... facing your fiver from the rear, I'll call the left side "street side" and right side "curbside". Check you hoses as to the following. Streetside ... looking down at the top of your cylinder, the part with the fittings looks like a fat T. On the left side of the fat T is the solenoid. Opposite the solenoid should be where the orange feed line from the landing gear manifold should hook. To the rear of the fat T is the orange line that connects to the curbside cylinder. On the skinny part of the T on the left in front of the solenoid is the black hose that connects to the curbside cylinder as well as the manifold behind the pump assembly.

On the Curbside cylinder looking down from the top ... the black hose goes to the skinny part of the T looking top and the orange hose goes to the fat part of the T looking top.

Make sure this connection layout is so otherwise oil is fighting itself.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:09 PM   #24
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Quote:
DadsHemi ... facing your fiver from the rear, I'll call the left side "street side" and right side "curbside". Check you hoses as to the following. Streetside ... looking down at the top of your cylinder, the part with the fittings looks like a fat T. On the left side of the fat T is the solenoid. Opposite the solenoid should be where the orange feed line from the landing gear manifold should hook. To the rear of the fat T is the orange line that connects to the curbside cylinder. On the skinny part of the T on the left in front of the solenoid is the black hose that connects to the curbside cylinder as well as the manifold behind the pump assembly.

On the Curbside cylinder looking down from the top ... the black hose goes to the skinny part of the T looking top and the orange hose goes to the fat part of the T looking top.

Thanks for this, I’ll look at it in the morning as soon as the sun comes up.
I did chase down those very same lines but with this info I can verify.

Thank you Sir

2017 3160 RL
Old 11-16-2020, 06:15 AM   #25
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
I had to have the dealer replace a front jack under warranty. When I got it back I noticed that I had issues. When I lowered the front jacks then put out the slides the front would lower, putting them in the front would raise, there were a couple of other indications I don't remember. As it turns out the new jack had a new solenoid and they forgot to adjust the set screw (CCW until it gently touches the stop if I remember), it was letting fluid be drawn from then and sent to them instead of the solenoid controlling it. Not sure what would happen if it was just a little open or all the way open.
GreG L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:42 AM   #26
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreG L. View Post
I had to have the dealer replace a front jack under warranty. When I got it back I noticed that I had issues. When I lowered the front jacks then put out the slides the front would lower, putting them in the front would raise, there were a couple of other indications I don't remember. As it turns out the new jack had a new solenoid and they forgot to adjust the set screw (CCW until it gently touches the stop if I remember), it was letting fluid be drawn from then and sent to them instead of the solenoid controlling it. Not sure what would happen if it was just a little open or all the way open.
I used the original slide solenoid for the slide, removed it from the old Jack and replaced the O rings and installed it in the new Jack. That Allen screw is adjusted out so it’s flush with the solenoid.

2017 3160 RL
Old 11-16-2020, 08:09 AM   #27
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Quote:

Looks like I have the black line on the wrong side, the orange lines are installed as you described

https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...1&d=1605539288
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	786F2F95-75E4-4E3A-8CB5-8CA7F321E5AE.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	7807  

2017 3160 RL
Old 11-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #28
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsHemi View Post
Looks like I have the black line on the wrong side, the orange lines are installed as you described

https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...1&d=1605539288
The lines are the same, as mine in this pic.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:01 AM   #29
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I wished I had looked at his original pictures several replies up. He definitely has the hoses wrong on the curbside. He has both lines feeding the same side of the piston on the curbside cylinder.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #30
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
We won't know till he gets off work this evening, but I believe I've become one of my own pet peeves ... "people not reading the complete thread before replying". On my cell, I just read thru posts without logging in ... during which you cannot see photos in the threads. When Cruzin 2 referenced a photo from DadsHemi, I went back and looked at both photos after logging in. I've always taken pictures of things with my cell before I take things apart, so I put stuff back like original. I'd guess that the ports on the smaller T leg of the cylinder cap are common. Separately, the ports on the larger T leg are common. That's why Cruzin 2 responded that although still on the smaller T leg of the manifold ... his black line is on the right. I'm not going to remove lines and plugs on a cylinder manifold to verify, but I believe the commonality to be true.

Your level up keypad may not look exactly the same as there are 2-3 models, but this link is very helpful. https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001533.pdf Your "B" line off the main landing gear (page 17) may be T'd just above the actual port instead of off both sides as shown.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #31
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Quote:
We won't know till he gets off work this evening, but I believe I've become one of my own pet peeves ... "people not reading the complete thread before replying". On my cell, I just read thru posts without logging in ... during which you cannot see photos in the threads. When Cruzin 2 referenced a photo from DadsHemi, I went back and looked at both photos. I've always taken pictures of things with my cell before I take things apart, so I put stuff back like original. I'd guess that the ports on the smaller T leg of the cylinder cap are common. Separately, the ports on the larger T leg are common. That's why Cruzin 2 responded that although still on the smaller T leg of the manifold ... his black line is on the right. I'm not going to remove lines and plugs on a cylinder manifold to verify, but I believe the commonality to be true.

Your level up keypad may not look exactly the same as there are 2-3

models, but this link is very helpful. https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001533.pdf Your "B" line off the main landing gear may be T'd just above the actual port instead of off both sides as shown.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...1&d=1605486164

Here the curb side photo as installed now, I know this is wrong. That bandjo was at the rear of my old Jack.

Im sure with this thread they will be working again.

2017 3160 RL
Old 11-17-2020, 03:05 PM   #32
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Ok... She is up and working as it should now. Front Jack raise and lower..rear Jack raise and lower.

In the curb side I moved the orange line to the fat part of the tee, did not move any lines in the street side.

I want to give a Huge shout out to dieselguy for all his help and to all on this tread for the valuable information provided. Thanks you so much

2017 3160 RL
Old 11-17-2020, 03:13 PM   #33
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Purging air now, replaced the fluid in the reservoir as well.

2017 3160 RL