Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2017, 08:03 AM   #21
smitty1955
Established Member

M.O.C. #14652
check with glow step ////

smitty1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #22
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koerb View Post
Thanks Mark,
Believe I need to take a little blame on this one also as I actually was more focused on the "Ground to Threshold" measurement than the width of the door jam. The 3 step model was the only one that met the height requirement but lacked the width even though the locking hardware has approx. 1" adjustment on each side. MorRyde doesn't have a 3 step model with my particular door jam width. I agree with the disappointing policy concerning the re-stocking fee.
I just built some adjustable/ removeable stabilizers yesterday. They work great and are easy to put on and take off. The clamps came off after I welded the tabs on to keep them on.
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2179.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	558.3 KB
ID:	184   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2178.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	185  
Old 05-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #23
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
Mike here again

Still thinking we have a 3400RL with death step, our measurements are door 30 in, sill 30 in , 3 step, death step 81/2 +-, door clearance ok except for flap, screen door? but could modify bottom,

Input and experiences helpful, as is now I put together aftermarket steps each time we move.

thanks Mime
thekennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #24
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty1955 View Post
we put the glow step on and love it ////// no dirt or water gos inside ////////////
I also installed the Glow Step Revolution http://www.torklift.com/index.php/pr...tep-revolution on my rig which has the built in step. I installed the 3 step model without any need for modifications. Very sturdy steps. No more diving board shaky steps for us!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #25
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
Well, we did it and we love it! We got the stairs from Tweety. The install required a variation from the manufacturer's instruction. Not only did we remove the inside removable part of the threshold, but also cut out the complete threshold. Then butted the stairs against the floor of the suicide step and screwed in the stair hinge. With the threshold removed, and the stairs butted up, perfect clearance for the doors to close. Only next step is to seal the plywood should water get around so it doesn't weaken over time. We love it!!! It took the dog a day to adjust to the bright stairs vs the old black steps, and now he even loves it.

The Kenny's
Old 07-07-2017, 09:07 AM   #26
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Would love to see a picture of your install.
prndl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #27
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
I'll have it to you by tomorrow. Happy to do it.

Mike Kenny
Old 07-07-2017, 09:34 PM   #28
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
here's pix

https://goo.gl/photos/DDLwpNcx57c1x3Vc6

Mike
Old 07-08-2017, 05:02 AM   #29
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Mike,
We have the glowsteps too. But they aren't installed. Our glowsteps are 27-1/2" and our brackets are 27" in the front and 27-1/2" in the back. We have been trying to figure out how to install them. Was that also your issue. How difficult was it to do this install?
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:54 AM   #30
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
Hi, mainer.

We didn't install Glowsteps, but rather Morryde Steps Above. It looks to me like the Glowsteps essentially replace the existing steps your unit came with. Installing the Steps Above, which folds into the trailer when closed, let us leave the original steps in place. If you're asking whether the Morryde install was easy, it was after I figured that the whole threshold needed to be removed in the death step. After that, it was just aligning and screwing in the new steps. I hope this helps.

Mike
Old 07-08-2017, 10:46 AM   #31
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Mike, thanks for getting back to me.

If we can't get our Glowsteps installed, it might be easier to sell them and buy something like you have. I am driving my husband nuts about those steps.

Marge
Old 07-09-2017, 06:54 AM   #32
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainer View Post
Mike, thanks for getting back to me.

If we can't get our Glowsteps installed, it might be easier to sell them and buy something like you have. I am driving my husband nuts about those steps.

Marge
Installation of the glowsteps for me was not hard (no cutting threshold etc) simply remove and replace). Just take your time. A floor jack makes the job MUCH easier. You use it to support the old steps when removing and the new steps when installing. The steps are very well made and I suspect easier to deploy and store than the ones that you must lift to store inside the RV (think overhead lifting and required upper body strength).
Whatever you choose, good luck!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #33
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Quote:
Originally Posted by CORattler View Post
Installation of the glowsteps for me was not hard (no cutting threshold etc) simply remove and replace). Just take your time. A floor jack makes the job MUCH easier. You use it to support the old steps when removing and the new steps when installing. The steps are very well made and I suspect easier to deploy and store than the ones that you must lift to store inside the RV (think overhead lifting and required upper body strength).
Whatever you choose, good luck!
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. What our problem is that our steps are 27-1/2" wide and our brackets that the steps would go into are 27", so something has to be done to the brackets on the 5th wheel to make it work. If it was the right size it would be easy. Sometimes life is not easy...
Old 07-09-2017, 08:06 AM   #34
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
I'm only 69 with a bad back. I'll wait for someone to come out with a 4 step system deployed by battery power. Maybe we are used to these as we find no reason to change.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #35
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Our Morryde steps are no problem when it comes to store or deploy them.

Even Maureen that is quite slender with a bad back was very surprised at how easily she could operate them.

Of course one has to bend over a bit to start the store operation but that is it. Don't let the perception that they are awkward and heavy sway your thinking.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #36
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarMar View Post
Our Morryde steps are no problem when it comes to store or deploy them.

Even Maureen that is quite slender with a bad back was very surprised at how easily she could operate them.

Of course one has to bend over a bit to start the store operation but that is it. Don't let the perception that they are awkward and heavy sway your thinking.
I'm sure once we can get them installed, we will love them... Our problem is getting them installed.. Great that you like them and are now safer with those steps..
Old 07-09-2017, 11:11 AM   #37
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
I took some more pix of moryde steps above as installed

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...qH4?source=pwa

Mike
Old 07-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #38
Leyland
Established Member

M.O.C. #19600
I purchased the add on hand rail and it's pretty nice. Pretty thin material but sure helps getting in / out the camper. I think the cost was less than 100.00. Only take four bolts to secure it. Only take about 5 minutes . Make sure you have room on the inside of your camper for the hand rail when folded in for transport.
Leyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:50 PM   #39
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyland View Post
I purchased the add on hand rail and it's pretty nice. Pretty thin material but sure helps getting in / out the camper. I think the cost was less than 100.00. Only take four bolts to secure it. Only take about 5 minutes . Make sure you have room on the inside of your camper for the hand rail when folded in for transport.
Nice!!! We will probably go that route as well.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:01 PM   #40
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I bought the step above in March of last year at Mor-Ryde and had them install it while i was having my I.S. and disc brakes installed. My steps are the 4 step model and these install on brackets to side of rv below threshold and you take them on and off to store. They are very light but they do take up some room in your storage compartment. I also have the hand rail that drops into a slot that works very well.My wife has 2 artificial knees so this works very well for her. The advantage to this step is you leave your original step in place and if i just stop for a restroom break then i just use my original steps and leave this one in storage. I would have bought the new style that folds into the rv but they didn't have the one that folds inside at the time. I talked to Mor-Ryde and they told me they have a special for those like myself that bought the old style. I will probably have the new style installed at the fall rally in Goshen and sell my other steps which are the same except they don't fold up but are easy to take off and on.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote