Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2014, 01:46 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
On the somewhat relieved side.....finally!

At 11:45 pm last evening, we were given the all clear signal on the "do not use" order for water usage at the S&B. It was almost exactly a week and we are part of the fortunate half of the customers who have water restored at this point. The water company provided instructions for flushing out the water lines at the house and we did that this morning so we "officially" have water that has been deemed safe by someone. Since we do not know or trust this someone, we will use the water for cleaning purposes only for a couple of weeks. We are fortunate enough to have about 14 cases of drinking water in the basement so we will use that for drinking and cooking. I pity Cathy and the girls as I have a hunch the washing machine will be running non-stop for at least a week. It is amazing the dirty clothes generated in a week!! I was on the wear jeans for two days cycle, so there is no way they can blame me. One facet of the flushing process that is interesting is the water filter for the ice maker and water dispenser on the fridge must be replaced. You can imagine the number of filters required. Local stores have none, I got lucky and used daughter's Amazon Prime account to have one shipped that will arrive tomorrow. Wonder how many Amazon has available? It is good to be approaching the life back to normal stage and we do want to express our gratitude for all the agencies that stepped up as well as all of our MOC friends that expressed kind thoughts and prayers through the last week of total inconvenience. I know our appreciation for water has changed, try to do without for a week and I guarantee yours will as well.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:07 AM   #2
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
Good! I am happy that life is getting back to normal for y'all!
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Glad you are back online.

Just a 2 day jean cycle??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:03 AM   #4
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Another one of life's experiences eh? Enjoy getting back to normal.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:40 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Glad to hear things are headed back to a reasonable lifestyle. Life does throw some unexpected curves at times.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:47 AM   #6
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Send a message via MSN to Ramblin Roadrunners
Bingo, sounds like things are getting better. Normal may not come for a couple of weeks. Best of luck.
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:49 AM   #7
halfwright
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12992
What I don't understand is why you were changing your jeans so often. Being retired and full time has given me a new outlook on jeans changing. When I throw them down and they bounce or crack, I change them.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:51 AM   #8
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Very happy for you folks, Bingo. Been thinking about the disruption this has been for so many of you there. Glad things are headed back to normal.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:51 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by halfwright

What I don't understand is why you were changing your jeans so often. Being retired and full time has given me a new outlook on jeans changing. When I throw them down and they bounce or crack, I change them.
I drive an hour and a half to work each way, the jeans have to easily bend to allow for driving comfort! And DW would not approve the beyond two day limitation!!!
Bingo
Old 01-15-2014, 05:01 AM   #10
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Glad that things are getting back to normal for you and the girls. It must have been a very trying experience.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #11
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

.... Since we do not know or trust this someone, we will use the water for cleaning purposes only for a couple of weeks.
Smart decision on your part. If it was me, I might even go for a longer time before using the tap for consumption purposes.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv
...... One facet of the flushing process that is interesting is the water filter for the ice maker and water dispenser on the fridge must be replaced. You can imagine the number of filters required. .....
Bingo
Those filters aren't cheap either, the one in my fridge is about $50, and the one under the kitchen sink for the instant hot/cold water dispenser is around $90. I wonder if there will be some sort of class action against the company that caused the spill to recoup the expenses incurred by homeowners and businesses have had to deal with this whole mess
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Within the first day of the leak, our ever aware legal representatives filed at least six different class action suits against the company that was responsible for the spill and the water company itself. I will be out a total of around $60, $40 for the filter and $20 or so in drinking water that we bought. Within 24 hours, water distribution centers were set up in all nine counties handing out drinking water supplies. I will give the state and federal governments kudos for their quick response. The National Guard came through in a big way!!
Bingo
Old 01-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #13
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Glad to hear that things are headed back to normal!
It’s easy to read about someone else’s trouble but when it’s you and
it hits home it really has quite a different look to it.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #14
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
We were thinking about you when we heard this. Glad you're seeing some semblance of normalcy return. Jeans = 1 week max.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #15
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Supposedly, the water company has restored "drinkable" water to everyone at this point in time. We will not drink the tap water, and will not use it for dishes or cooking, we are using if for washing clothes and showers, but with some trepidation. We will be on a self-imposed bottled water regimen for one-two weeks until we can gain some confidence back in the water company. The company responsible for the spill has already filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy to at least put additional lawsuits on hold. Turns out they do not have umbrella coverage and the lawsuits already filed are beyond their means.
Bingo