Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
AJH
Established Member

M.O.C. #11247
Getting started

New here..... Working on my profile,and trying to get up to speed.
Not new to RV's but new to my 2005 Montana. I noticed that most notes I read, have a pic of the owners rig, stats about it. IE Ford F350 etc.
I can't seem to find a space to enter that info.
I can't seem to get the pic of my map, and rig uploaded etc.

Yep I am old, not very puter smart, and defently need help. Very simple instructions a must LOL. Thanks

AJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
ghskas
Established Member

M.O.C. #10875
I am all of that and more so I just have my engineer son do it for me. He doesnt have much patience but gets it done with a lecture. I have to remind him who spent the money to get him educated.
ghskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
AJ,

I use this Web site http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStates...StatesMap.html which will generate map picture.

There are different ways to post pictures, but I have found Picasa to be the easiest https://picasaweb.google.com/ All of it will take you a few hours to figure out. I use the Picasa on my laptop (also free), and have a fold called postings, which automatically syncs to web.

To update your profile, click on profile link new top left, just right of Home. It will prompt you for password.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AJH

New here..... Working on my profile,and trying to get up to speed.
Not new to RV's but new to my 2005 Montana. I noticed that most notes I read, have a pic of the owners rig, stats about it. IE Ford F350 etc.

AJH ---- Welcome to the MOC!

I can't seem to find a space to enter that info.

If you look at the top of the page you will see a group of words that allow you to do different actions on the Forum. One of these is PROFILE. If you click on that word it will take you to a page that allows you to change various things in your account. One of the blocks that will open is one that allows you to put things in your SIGNATURE block. Another thing you can do is click on HOME and it will take you to a place that has a lot of good info on all sorts of things to do with the Forum and RVing in general.

I can't seem to get the pic of my map, and rig uploaded etc.

Going to the HOME page will give you access to all these things. There is a section on how to post just about anything you are interested in. Pictures, maps and weather gizmos are just a sample.

Yep I am old, not very puter smart, and defently need help. Very simple instructions a must LOL. Thanks

Again welcome and best of luck. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Here is a link to a posting I created some time ago on adding a "States Visited Map" to your Profile. Since the map is a JPG, as are pictures, it also works for adding your rig photos.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40564

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote