Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #21
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
All the Goodyears tire we have ran were stamped made in the USA. But we have only ran the Goodyear 614's and now were running the Goodyear G114's on 17.5" rims. And yes they are still made in the USA. Just put a set of Toyo's 255/70R/22.5's (steer tires) on the Freightliner and would you believe they are made in the USA. So for I'm very pleased with the Toyo's, didn't even have to balance them no vibration at all smooth as silk. GBY....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:51 AM   #22
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I will not buy anything chinese unless I must have it and there is no other source. I will check all other sources and if necessary will order it through the mail as longas it is USA made. I went to the Commissary a couple of weeks ago and my wife picked out some fish, when we got home it said Product of China, yesterday in a local Superstore my wife picked up a package of wild Alaska Salmon, hah, on the fip side, Product of China. I also don't buy anything from Vietnam. I pitched the Missions for Michelins (Made in the UK).
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:03 AM   #23
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Just to add, I have noticed when opening some things it will be marked on the outside made in the USA, and when you get to the item it will be stamped made in China????? Now what are we going to do. I do try to buy USA made items but its getting very hard. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #24
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I know, I took the Grandson to Hershey Choocolate in Pa, in the store we wanted to buy some Hershey mugs, turned them over Made In China, went to the Space Center, in the gift shop all mugs were Made in China. I remember years ago when I was a ground pounder in the Army we saw a video made by a Russian General, he said, we will defeat America without firing a shot, we will do it with her children. So look where we are today, Nuff said.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #25
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Richfaa,

I agree, the Chinese low tire quality issue will continue until we RV buyers quit buying them. It is up to us. We have brought this on ourselves. BUYING THE LOWEST COST PRODUCT RATHER THAN buying a quality product at a reasonable price. We are our own worst enemy.
Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote