Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #41
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
It was stressed to me that it was VERY IMPORTANT to use a water regulator when I bought mine, and that to not do so meant CERTAIN DEATH! Ok, not really... but yeah, I have followed that advice and use one.

The water pressure in the park where I am at has gotten so bad in the last couple of months that I have to keep filling my freshwater tank and using the water pump to get enough to do anything with. I thought about taking the regulator off but I am too frightened. LOL

blamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #42
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
What you're doing is fine blamb. The regulator only controls pressure at the high end, you are doing the right thing for low pressure by using your fresh water tank and pump. Fear no longer. :-)

On edit:

I just thought of something blamb. I had two regulators fail on me over the years and when they did, they prevented water from passing through. Are you sure it's not your regulator or even something else in the line that is starting to go bad?

To test this remove everything, then test the supply. If the water is low then it is definitely the water supply. If the pressure looks good add each component on your water supply line to ensure none of these components are faulty.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #43
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Blamb,

On our last trip we had to replace our water regulator. One minute it was working fine the next minute no water! So if it were me I'd buy another regulator and try it. At worse you'd end up with another water regulator. And if it is the regulator then you've fixed your problem.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:13 AM   #44
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Having just stayed at the 7 Feathers RV Resort in Canyonville, OR, the probable reason no one was using water pressure regulators there was because they already have them installed at every outlet. Stayed there when it was 106 degrees last week. 7 Feathers has always been one of out favorite RV resorts but it has a severe flaw for hot weather sumnmer camping. Most of the spots (90% or more) are layed out in the wrong direction with the afternoon sun on the door side(passenger side) of the RV. Maybe 10 - 15 spots that have the other orientation. Trees are not yet large enough to provide adequate shade. Really, Really hot.
Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #45
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
Dead eye,
You mentioned " I also discovered, when my black water tank wouldn't drain due to insufficient water addage....that I needed the increased pressure on the flush receptacle to dislodge the blockage. So, it's a double edged sword"
I use a "Y" (with valves) at the supply faucet and put a pressure regulator on one side and that is the side where my filter and supply hose to rig goes. Then on the other side I hook up the flush hose, so I can get full park pressure to the flush mechanism. Hope this helps.
Steve
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote