Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #1
Wandering Star
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #50
Dometic micro wave repair

Dometic, can repair parts be bought for a micro wave from dometic factory? Been all over the web for repair parts to no avail. called my dealer and he recommended for a replacement with new unit. They do not sell repair parts for micro waves. Need turn table, motor,lazy susan and plate. Believed unit ran with nothing in it and it cracked plate and melted table and cooked motor. I like to fix things and it bugs me to scrap unit when it can be fixed with a couple of parts.
I could always put everything back together and run micro with no turn table, don,t know what that would do even cooking? My micro in my stick house has no turntable and it works great.

Wandering Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
John,

Hate to say but I think I would replace it. The meltown probably caused additional problems that could lead to rad leakage from the unit.

The Dometics are not too expensive, or there are other brands for as low as $130 that might fit the hole.

BTW - Dometic is one of the worse companies I have dealt with for parts. Nothing like the service you get from Sears.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote