Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
N3chn

M.O.C. #6895
Cracks and Fiberlass

Last year I notices a small crack byt the front slide out on my 2001 Montana, now that winter is almost over I uncovered the Montana to find that the crack has now expanded top and bottom and the fiberglass looks like it is having nail pop issues along that side of the nose. Suggestions and comments are appreciated. So far calls to Keystone have been useless.

N3chn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I don't understand the comment that "...calls to Keystone have been useless." My calls to Keystone when my unit was three years out of warranty got me an appointment that they readily took care of our fiberglass cracks. Did a great job at no cost to us. It probably wouldn't hurt to give Keystone Customer Service and ask for someone in Team Montana (they have changed some personnel but I think Art is still there). I believe there are several others on the forum who will attest to Keystone's response to their fiberglass cracks also.

Orv

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Give a call to keystone customer service. Ask to be directed to Team Montana...ask for Tom Brandon. It sounds like you may have the frame flex problem. As ols1932 says keystone is usually very responsive. It is a matter of talking to the proper person..keep us advised...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:59 AM   #4
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Last summer, Mel discovered a "bubble" about the size of a dinner plate above the kitchen window of our Montana. We took a couple of pictures of it on our digital camera, went to our dealer, showed them the bubble and they had us email them the pics and they forwarded the pics to Keystone. Keystone authorized the repair to be done asap, even though it was no longer on warranty. Now except that to do the repair the shop had to remove one of the decals, you can't even tell there was ever a problem. Keystone rocks!!
Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #5
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I noticed the same thing a few days ago. The one crack on my cap is really small and it looks like it just started. I think a trade off is headed my way. I have no plans to deal with this kind of problem.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
dhalley

M.O.C. #4370
I have a 2002 3280rl and last summer we had a suspension failure adn the body racked and caused the side wall to crack in 2 additional places around the bedroom slide for a total of 3. I contacted Keystone as I was uncomfortable with the local joke shop to do the repair and Keystone ask me to send pics. I sent them with an explanation of what happened and offered to take the unit back to the factory for repairs to be done properly. Their response was immediate and told me they will repair it at no cost to me if I will return it to the factory I have a appointment for the 2nd of April, that date was at my request, they could have taken it last year but were kind enough to let me push it out for personal reasons. This unit is 4 years out of warrentry and there were no ?s asked. THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. I am really impressed with their level of customer service. SO CALL them again and ask for the Montana team. good luck
dhalley is offline   Reply With Quote