Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2006, 05:23 AM   #21
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave
I fixed my post to make it clearer. It is a small, clear cutting board using it with the same idea as Judy. We just don't have it attached. We use our covers because I like the look when they are on. Since the 3400 has the island this is perhaps more noticeable in this model than others.
Happy trails...................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:32 AM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Sue! I see what you're saying about leaving the covers on. Good point. Especially if they are now going to be lighter.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:18 AM   #23
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
In ours, (the 3000RK) our stove has a black metal cover that is lifted up when you use it and it becomes the "backsplash" to protect the wall. When not in use and it's down, it looks nice, keeps Stuff from falling into the burners and/or hides the fact that I didn't wipe off the stove!! I have a feeling not all Montys are like this. We don't use our sink covers either. We were thinking of getting a piece of wood cut to fit the large sink to use as a cutting board. Then we'll have a "Corion countertop w/butcher block"!! This is so not camping! Is the cedar lined closet an upgrade?
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We installed a similar cover after market on our TT and it worked well as well as giving some extra counter space when not using the stove top. Don't know what will be on the 3400 but will install one if none there.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:28 AM   #25
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich I am sure you are going to get the standard stove cover like wifeofdano is talking about. My coach came with one as well, seems to do the job.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #26
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lisa
We have the same cover which does work to keep splatters off the back. We stand the cutting board up at the side to keep splatters off the side wall. The 3400 is a little different in the kitchen setup than the 3000.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is a good thing/// Here is sort of a good story.. I had thought of everything for the trip to the dealer and the PDI Had everything checked off so I would not forget anything..all except for one thing.... Money, I had completely overlooked paying for the camper . We are drawing from two accounts so today I am running to the credit union asking if They need advance notice to cut me a check, they don't, then to the bank to ask the same question, they don't. So they will cut the checks Monday..would that have been embarrassing if I had gone to pick up the camper and had no money to pay for it/////
Old 04-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #28
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
I must say, I have never seen anyone as organized as you when it comes to buying an rv. Come to think of it any type of vehicle for that matter. Reading and following your story over the past 8 months has truly been enjoyable. Thanks for all the info you have shared with us.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:48 PM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is a holdover from a previous life in Electronics, Computers, Logic, Air Traffic Control . My entire working life was one of research validation,Checklist, procedures and when you think you have got it right..do it again. No room for error, no room for mistakes.Selecting a camper, the PDI was no different than developing technical specs for a new computer or Electronics system then testing to insure that it did what it was designed to do. I know that I am way to picky. this is just a camper..but old habits die hard..and..it was fun...now..back to retirement..
Old 04-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #30
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

It is a holdover from a previous life in Electronics, Computers, Logic, Air Traffic Control . My entire working life was one of research validation,Checklist, procedures and when you think you have got it right..do it again. No room for error, no room for mistakes.Selecting a camper, the PDI was no different than developing technical specs for a new computer or Electronics system then testing to insure that it did what it was designed to do. I know that I am way to picky. this is just a camper..but old habits die hard..and..it was fun...now..back to retirement..
Rich, that means that Helen would have to be an extremely understanding wife, right?

*On Edit~ No wonder the bird hates you...
Old 04-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #31
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Not to get off topic, but in addition to the stove cover that I believe is standard on all Montana's and Mountaineers, I had two pieces of plexiglas cut to fit on the wall behind the stove and on the wall to the left of the stove. It is held in place by two sided foam tape on the corners. The plexiglas is easy to clean and protects the wall papaer behind it. If the plexiglas ever gets to the point it can't be adequately cleaned, we will just replace it.

On Edit: I see that Judy is using the plexiglass over the wallpaper as well. Great minds think alike!!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:08 PM   #32
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am starting to think that Keystone needs to talk with us (The MOC) members before they make any more changes on the Montana. If they took all of our ideas and changes I think they would have the almost "perfect" coach.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:20 AM   #33
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I believe they do scan through here occassionally, don't they, Dave?
Old 04-26-2006, 04:28 AM   #34
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Lamar/Debbie -- The plexiglass sounds like a good idea that really works.

Rich -- That was close!!

Dave
Sue -- After reading your replies, I looked again at the Montana site at the different
models and see what you mean about the "side" wall that I don't have. It's good
the covers are a standard thing.

Naturally, since we own a ceramic tile store and Dan's other knick name is "Dan Dan The Tile Man",
I would love to install some travertine on the whole kitchen splash! But that just wouldn't want to stay on the wall over all the bumps in the road. We get a kick out of our "tile" shower!

What about that cedar lined closet?? Anyone have one yet?

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:45 AM   #35
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

I am starting to think that Keystone needs to talk with us (The MOC) members before they make any more changes on the Montana. If they took all of our ideas and changes I think they would have the almost "perfect" coach.
Good Idea ..the only thing is the unit would cost about 175K and weigh about 16.5K
Old 04-26-2006, 06:27 AM   #36
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Rich, would that cost you quoted be before or after we add options?
I think you are a little light on your weight estimate.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #37
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Good point Rich. I guess there is no such thing as the perfect coach.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #38
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
I see people taking Factory Tours. How do you set this up, when where, who do you contact and how. We are wanting to do this.

Side Note. On a boat we used Velcro for plexiglass behind the stove. Easy to remove and clean and put back up.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #39
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Leaseit..Look on the Keystone/ Montana site and give customer service a call to check for the day and time of the Montana tour. You need to call them and confirm the day and time because they have been known to change. Once you have the proper day and time all you need to do is show up at the main office. There is always a group of folks there for the tours. All of the tours for the different Keystone division leave from the same place although different days and times.Touring some of the other sites is interesting.Example the Sprinter tour WAS a hour before the Montana tour and the plant is right around the corner.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #40
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I believe that the Montana tour is Tues afternoons. We are tentatively planning on touring the plant on May 16.