Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Aaarghhh! Splendide fixed but it isn't.

On our way back from the 7 Feathers rally last week, we spent 4 hours at the Westland/Splendide place in Clackamas, Oregon, having our Splendide washer/dryer repaired (burned up board). The tech put the unit through every cycle before we left to be sure the machine worked. Apparently he didn't check to see if the air blowing during the drying cycle was hot. I just did my first load of clothes since the repair. No heat in the drying cycle. If we lived closer than 4 hours to a "local" repair facility, and if we didn't have to give up our RV while parts were ordered, etc., this wouldn't be the problem that it is--and a big problem, at that. And if Wayne hadn't had surgery that prevents his struggling to get the unit our of the closet in the bedroom, we might be able to fix the problem ourselves.

I am not a happy (fulltime) camper.

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
As they say on Facebook

NO LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
So sorry, that has to be frustrating. Consider having a neighbor help remove the machine from the closet, put it in the truck and take only the machine to the dealer for repairs. Pick it up when it is finished and tested. Or......Have the dealer take it out and let you have the RV to stay locally in a park until it is repaired.

I am putting a new heating element into my Aristan (Splendide) dryer. The part took about 5 days to get here from Oregon. I expect to have it up and running in about an hour. All that to say the dealer does not have to have your rig to fix this machine and, including parts ordering and shipping, two weeks should be maximum unless the dealer is a real dud.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Carolyn,
You have probably already read this:
Stile's Fix, but now that he is experienced, maybe you could just get Stiles to come over and fix it for you I'm sure he wouldn't mind I had lunch with Mike and Shirley today and it sounds like you all had a great time together. We hope to see you in Quartzsite!

Jack
Old 07-01-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I recently had a similar event to occur with ours. I thought the heating element was out in ours; I checked it and it checked ok. I then started looking at the vent and discovered that the periscope rubber boot just before the vent was full of lint. It seems that when they build these units they didn’t include a place the lint would collect and could be removed. Once I got that cleaned out everything worked fine.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:28 AM   #6
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Carolyn, Do you a appliance repair person in your area? Any repair person should be able to check the Splendide and will probably know more than a RV repair tech.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Had my local Montana dealer install my stackable Aristan (sp?)/ Splendide washer and dryer last year. "Did you check them out?" I asked. "Sure they both work fine".
You guessed it- got to my first camp-site, turned the water to the RV on and - Look Out Flood City.
I WAS HOT! ! Checked out, sure you did . . . called the owner of the RV shop that supposedly did the work, to his credit he covered having a mobile repair guy come out and make the repair. He muttered something about dealing with his "techs", but that's his issue, I got my washer repaired - real complicated repair, guy pulled dryer off top of washer, reached over and tightened up the hose. Quality install heh?
Been trouble-free since. DW loves them, and I enjoy not having to go to the laundramat.
Jdrobone is offline   Reply With Quote