Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
Robert Gregory

M.O.C. #10035
black water tank fix

Hi, thanks to everyone who responded. Special thanks to Dustin, who spent most of last night e.mailing back and forth to help me. For anyone else who may have a problem locating the black tank check valve on a 3295 model 5th wheel. There is a mirror located above the buffet (behind the recliner)and there is access to the check valve behind the mirror. The mirror is glued to the wall with 2 sided tape and has 4 clips one on each corner. I used a putty knife to pry it off the wall. The shower is located on the other side of the wall.
Thanks' Robert

Robert Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:02 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Robert,
Thanks for the post. I tried to get the mirror off for a different probject and was afraid of breaking it. Now I know how. I also have the 3295RK 07 model.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I also heard from Dustin. He told me of the access panel. I took the pocket door out and with great stretch, I got to the valve. I didn't know how to get the mirror off the wall so that is the route I went. I may try taking off the mirror when the weather warms. I hope I have a long time before I have to access the valve again. What a weird place for that valve. I am nearly ready to bypass it and use a back flow preventer on the exterior connection.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Devildog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4958
i wonder why the check valve is located so high? that would place it higher than the shower drain, with no direct route to the black water tank.
Last place i would have looked for it.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #5
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Robert, about where are the tape locations on the back of the mirror? How did you pry the mirror off with the putty knife?
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 AM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Has anyone tried heating the tape with a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen the glue and make removal of the mirror easier?
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote