Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Funny sound from black tank flush

I have an 06 3650rk and today when I was flushing the black tank with the built-in flush system I stepped inside for a moment. That was the first time I have done that(stepped inside while flushing). And I noticed the sound coming from behind the shower that sounded like water shooting up the wall between the shower and the cupboard in the living room. My question - is this normal? I think I am doing it right. I hook up the hose to the fitting on the outside, I drain the black tank till it looks like nothing else is coming out, I shut the valve and pull the grey valve till it also looks like its empty,close it and open the black up and turn on the water for the flush and let it run for about three minutes. I shut the water off disconnect the hose and close the valve. My wife said it has always done it and thought it was normal so she never said anything to me.

junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Pull gray after ALL other flushing has been done.

When ours worked, I could hear the water running, in the bathroom I could hear it and outside I could hear it.

But, we have a different unit, so stay tuned for someone with you unit to happen in and help ya out.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by junglejim

I have an 06 3650rk and today when I was flushing the black tank with the built-in flush system I stepped inside for a moment. That was the first time I have done that(stepped inside while flushing). And I noticed the sound coming from behind the shower that sounded like water shooting up the wall between the shower and the cupboard in the living room. My question - is this normal? I think I am doing it right. I hook up the hose to the fitting on the outside, I drain the black tank till it looks like nothing else is coming out, I shut the valve and pull the grey valve till it also looks like its empty,close it and open the black up and turn on the water for the flush and let it run for about three minutes. I shut the water off disconnect the hose and close the valve. My wife said it has always done it and thought it was normal so she never said anything to me.
I believe the sound you hear is the water running through the check valve for your black tank flush system. That is a weak link and has been replaced in a few units. If you see water from that area that would be the first thing to check. The sound is normal.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
dustinc02
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4877
Yes that sound is normal. It is the valve in the wall. Be sure you disconnect the hose from the flush system after use. If you leave it connected and not completely shut the water down accidentally (speaking from experience) the valve will not have enough pressure to actuate and will leak. No worries, it is normal.
dustinc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Thanks for the quick replys so far. I just did not know. Mrs. Countryguy- I heard water from the outside by the basement and nothing sounded out of the ordinery, but when I stepped inside I just didn't think I should have heard water on the other side of our unit UP in the wall behind the shower. Anyhow, Again thank you. You guys are great! I haven't posted on here hardly at all, But have read just about everything in this forum and have learned so much from the Best Darned Forum There Is!
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #6
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
I have a 3650RK. That is a normal sound when you go in side and the flusher is running. Sounds like the water is going everywhere, but it is just hitting the sides of the tank.
I flush in black tank until it comes out nice and clean. I might flush 4-5 times sometime more when it will be in storage. After black tanks are done then I dump the galley, then the forward gray tank. The forward gray will hold two good showers than I dump. But with both grays I dump more often so I dont ever get a flow over on a full tank