Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
9/11

Remember!

steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Don't forget to hang your flags.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Remember and Never Ever forget. Keep your eyes and ears open lots of thing happening????????? We fly our flag 24/7 365 days a year. GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Helen was on duty at Cleveland Air Route Traffic Control center that day and saw it all unfold. OOpps..this is not Helen...Richfaa's PC is broke.
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Remember it always and pray for all those service personnel and civilians deployed world wide that continue to fight this battle daily.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
elwood
Established Member

M.O.C. #9473
We will never forget, I was in my office onboard the Aircraft Carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71 when I was told to turn on the TV and we saw the second plane hit the tower. For the next 5 days we were on alert and not sure what was going to happen next. We were a sitting duck in port but could not get underway because we were loading fuel and stores for a planned cruise. We had sailors all over the ship manning small arms (rifles, M-16's, and a few light machine guns) as we had no other way to really defend ourselves inport. We got everyone back onboard and a week later we were headed out to sea. We were one of the first carriers to get to Afghanistan for the attack on Al-Quiada and the Talaban. Never forget that those cowards attacked civilians, not soldiers or sailors.
I'll get off my soap box and go raise the flag.
Jerry
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
JacknBetsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7632
We are about 8 miles from Shanksville, PA, where United Flight 93 crashed. With the rest of the country, our small town was shattered that day...we will never forget.
JacknBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

Don't forget to hang your flags.
My flag is out every day.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by elwood

We will never forget, I was in my office onboard the Aircraft Carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71 when I was told to turn on the TV and we saw the second plane hit the tower. For the next 5 days we were on alert and not sure what was going to happen next. We were a sitting duck in port but could not get underway because we were loading fuel and stores for a planned cruise. We had sailors all over the ship manning small arms (rifles, M-16's, and a few light machine guns) as we had no other way to really defend ourselves inport. We got everyone back onboard and a week later we were headed out to sea. We were one of the first carriers to get to Afghanistan for the attack on Al-Quiada and the Talaban. Never forget that those cowards attacked civilians, not soldiers or sailors.
Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for your service, I very much appreciate your service to our great country. Its guys like you that give us what we have, and the freedom to travel this land!!!
Thanks Again!!!
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Outside I fly the American flag everyday and directly above my computer there is an American flag with a Yellow ribbon. Above the flag it says
"PROUD TO BE AMERICAN"
"DON'T FORGET"
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #11
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

.............We fly our flag 24/7 365 days a year. GBY.....
Same here. And lighted at night of course.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
All of us know where we were when this happened. It is just one of those things you can never forget! My brother lives in Manhattan, and of course I was worried about him that day. Not only will I remember what happened and all the people who lost theirs lives, but how amazed I was at all the heroes on that day and the days that followed, many who also lost their lives. It shows what we as American's are truly made of.

Our flag is flying!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:17 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As related Helen was on duty that day at the Cleveland Air route traffic control center and saw it unfold on the radar displays. Flight 93 turned over Lorain Ohio and passed over the center on its decent. They were not sure that the flight was not headed for the center as that would have disrupted air traffic nation wide.(ClE is the busiest ARTCC in the country) She called me as they had evacuated the building of non essential folks and that did not include air traffic controllers but there was no time to go anywhere so they just watched. The next call was from my sister who lives in the District who wanted to know what was going on as airliner had just flown over her home and she thought had crashed in the area of the pentagon.
The FAA acted quickly and without orders to clear the sky of aircraft so that hijacked aircraft could be identified. The order was land now at the nearest airport. It was very busy as aircraft dropped out of the sky where ever they might be to get on the ground. We live on the approach to Cleveland Hopkins airport and the sky was full of airplanes. It was eriee to see nothing but military aircraft in the sky for the days that followed.

We must remember that there are those who wish us gone simply because we are not like them. Never forget 9/11 or that the next time will be worse.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #14
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Our thoughts and prayers to those families and friends of all the deceased on 9/11.

We have an obligation to never forget.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #15
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
It hit real close to me, my neighbor of over 10 years was killed at the Pentagon, She had worked there over 19 years. And its so sad that, the persons responsible has never been brought to Justic. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #16
heathie49
Established Member

M.O.C. #6925
Send a message via MSN to heathie49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by elwood

Jerry
My husband was on the Connie on his way home from the Gulf on a West Pac. He was with an east coast squadron. He was due home Sept 15th 2001. Had to tell the kids dad wouldn't be home. Very, scary for all of us. I am very glad and proud of all of my friends and fellow service memebers that have served and are serving now!!! NEVER FORGET ALWAYS REMEMBER! Thanks for everything from one Navy family to another.
heathie49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I will never forget the phone call from our son that day. He was across the street in an apartment building when the first plane hit. He was evacuated as his building was on fire from the jet fuel. At the time no one knew what was happening. He was on the Brooklyn bridge when the towers collapsed. We talked to him on Friday, he still get very emotional when he talks about it. We were blessed that he wasn't hurt.

I donated blood/platlets in our "Helping your Neighbor" program. It was wonderful to see the blood center so packed. Wish it was that way every time I donate. Lots of donations after 9/11 happened, but time passes and people get out of the habit.

Blood is something that can't be made. We all need it for surgeries etc...... so if you are healthy and can put out your arm right after you hang your flag.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote