Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Snowbirds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2082
Decal install instructions

I have several decals for my 05 2955 Monty to replace the bad ones BUT I am lacking a most important detail: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!! Do any of you guys have such and if you do I would appreciate a copy of them.... Thanks..Tom

Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Snowbirds,
I think I remember seeing installation instructions somewhere here on the Forum but I cannot remember where! You might try a "SEARCH" of the Forum and see what shows up. And I'm certain one of the decal experts (and there are several) will drop by with some advice. This past January at Quartzsite the MOC group removed and installed EVERY decal on our 3295! They did a fantastic job and the rig looks almost new.

We received some printed instructions when we got our decals but I think I may have thrown them away. I'll look around and see if I can find them. If I do I'll send them to you.

Later,
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
On the montanaowners.com RV Related links page there is a Category "Graphics". You will find the info you desire there.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Thanks Glenn. I just couldn't remember where it was.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We spent the afternoon removing our decals.

Ideal time seems to be on a hot sunny day (85-90 degrees). Under these conditions, the graphics can peeled back with little more than your fingers. We used a razor blade scraper to get a start, then pulled back gently and the vinyl lifted from the fibreglass leaving very little residue. Lacquer thinner seems to work well for removing glue residue. A local graphics tech is going to install new ones for us later this week or next depending on weather. I'll report more on how it went when we get it finished.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #6
hamcamper
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #768
So, how much do replacement graphics cost?
hamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:35 AM   #7
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
If Burlington Graphics have them on hand, they do not charge for the replacements, if they have to print some or all of them, you have to pay for those. Cost varies of course, but I think a full set would be a few hundred dollars. Fellow who is going to install the new ones estimated about $350 (Canadian $)for the installation.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:53 AM   #8
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Besides the readings from Glen's post I'll add a few personal experiences. First and foremost make sure the surface is clean and oil and or wax free. There are several prep products out there that can be bought even at Wally World. Follow the installation temperature guidelines in the article. When they mention "hinge method" that refers to the peeling back of the backing on about 1/2 of the graphic at a time. Most of the graphics are way too large to attempt to slap it on all at once. Just a couple of drops of dish soap in a full spray bottle of water helps if you go the wet application method. If you do have a few small air bubbles after you squeegy it out ... don't try to push harder with the squeegy ... simply prick the area with a "sharp" sewing needle and work the air out.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote