Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #21
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Happy Birthday Mr. Hemlick!

My family thanks and salutes you for your service to our country. Please share your past experiences either verbally or in writing with your children for the benefit of future generations.

Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #22
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I so agree with what Don just said. They are taking a lot of WWII out of the history books for schools. The next generation will never know these warriors and the sacrifices they made. When my parents died I inherited all of my Daddy's Army stuff. He had a whole box of paperwork. I sorted it all and put in a notebook inside sheet protectors. Then I listed all the documents and a summary of what they said, the date, and his rank at the time. My grandsons have used this document for school projects even though they never knew him.
Sue
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:16 AM   #23
Andy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5871
Bill, happy birthday!!

And thank you for your service!!
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #24
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Bill -

On your 87th birthday, I want to personally thank you for your service to your country and for guaranteeing our freedoms. There are many items that MOC members agree on, but an equal number that we don't. However, we have the freedom to openly debate because of men like you. My Dad was also a veteran of W.W. II. One of the most powerful lines I ever heard was at his funeral. It was relayed by the local American Legion from the president - "On behalf of a grateful nation". Happy Birthday.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #25
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Happy birthday Bill and thanks for your service. From Mary and Jon in Ohio
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thank your father for us.. My entire family, both sides served in WW 2. Just about all of them on my Mothers side enlisted the day after Pearl Harbor. One of them, My Uncle Fred a Army Aviator, was at Pearl Harbor. All of these young men were sons of immigrants, all from Italy, None of them hesitated to serve the adopted country of their Fathers. They served in both theaters, one of them in the landing at Anzino, the other at Salerno. My Uncle Ernest (anzino) Liberated the home town of his parents. It was the only story he ever told of his service.These young men fought in Italy, Africa,One landed on D day and saw the end of the war in Germany. More of them in the Pacific theater, Guam, Siapan, Guadalcanal.They spoke little of their experiences but my Uncle Fred (Pearl Harbor) never drove a Japanese car nor did he ever forgive them. All of these young men are gone but we can live our great adventure because of their service and sacrifice.As long as this old guy is around their memory lives on and they will not be forgotten.. BTW.. My Uncle Fred was a 23 year old bomber pilot on December 7,1941 having joined in 1939.....23 years old.. Most of us do not trust a 23 year old to drive the family Ford. They were all so young.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:16 AM   #27
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Bill,

Thank you for your service to our country.
We are sending along our wishes to you for a Happy Birthday #87.

Enjoy!!

Ray Evans
American Legion
Post 22
Golden Valley, AZ
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:51 AM   #28
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
Happy Birthday, Bill! Thanks so much for your service. My Dad served with the 2nd Marine Division is the South Pacific and was staged in New Zealand. With all the madness of that time, it was the only place he ever wanted to return to.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #29
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Happy birthday and a great big THANKS

My father was too old but my father-in-law was at the bulge with Patton's 3rd. I and my youngest are vets and my oldest is still in the Marine reserves.
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #30
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE THAT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THIS TOPIC.
I AM GOING TO PRINT THIS OUT NOW AND MAKE A FOLDER FOR IT.
THANK YOU AGAIN
RON HELMICK
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:10 AM   #31
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Happy Birthday Bill and Thank-you for your service.

My father was also a WWII Vet. He survived the Battle of the Bulge where he received a Battle Field Commission. He retired in 1964 and passed away in 1981.

Following the loss of his wife, my stepfather Vern married my Mom. She and Dad were life long friends of Vern and his deceased wife. Vern, like Dad, is also a WWII vet. Both were Field Artillery officers. Vern was a Battery Commander on D-Day. His battery was the first to land on Utah Beach and the ground based first field artillery unit to provide supporting fire for his fellow patriots. His jeep literally flooded after sinking in deep water during the landing.

Both Dad and Vern survived the Korean War and retired just as Vietnam was heating up.

One of my nephews interviewed Vern about his WWII and Korean experiences. It was a recorded interview that we all can pass down to our children.

My brother Brent and I served in Vietnam. Brent as an interrogator and me as a Calvary Scout. We both retired from the Army. Brent died in 1996.

Again, Bill Thank-You for your patriotic service and Happy Birthday!

Joe Willey
Major, U.S. Army (Retired)
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote